Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA and Collections

tag
rinkgirl2
Valued Member

FHA and Collections

I know there have been a lot of questions about getting funded for FHA with open collections, but I'm wondering if anyone has qualified with a collection that they're making payments on.  We have a collection of about $9,000 that we've been making payments on for over a year.  We are looking to purchase in July when our Chapter 7 bk will have been discharged for 3 years.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA and Collections

@rinkgirl2 wrote:

I know there have been a lot of questions about getting funded for FHA with open collections, but I'm wondering if anyone has qualified with a collection that they're making payments on.  We have a collection of about $9,000 that we've been making payments on for over a year.  We are looking to purchase in July when our Chapter 7 bk will have been discharged for 3 years.

Thanks!

You will need to provide proof that you are on a payment plan 

Message 2 of 5
rinkgirl2
Valued Member

We have copies of bank statements and we could probably get a letter from the CA. Do you think that will be good enough for proof?
Message 3 of 5
beb86
Valued Contributor

Yeah but you never know with banks the LO might want you to get one thing but underwriting may need another but its sounds like your on a good start 

Message 4 of 5
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

I think you should be fine since you've been paying on it so long. I'm sure you can get the payment agreement from the CA and if the rest of your file is strong you should be ok. Just remember that those payments could factor into your DTI too?

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.