Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA approval

Does a higher FICO make you an easier approval? Or doesn't matter if you are 640 or 680 or 720?

Right now I am 621/659/???, hopefully get that 621 above 640 here in the next 2 months, then don't need to worry about what my EX score is, though it has to be about the same because all 3 are identical... same lates, no collcections, no judgements etc..

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Re: FHA approval

It really depends on the loans.  I have a lower credit score, and was approved for an FHA mortgage.  Usually your credit score is more to get a better interest rate etc...  I'm sure someone would approve you with that score-  but you never know.  Sometimes they suprise you. lol

Message 2 of 6
raleighmortgagegals
Established Member

You don't mention whether your judgments and collections are paid.  I'm in the mortgage business and we look at more than just your score.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no collections or judgements...

Just a ton of lates in 2005(job loss) and then 2 CC's that went late for 3 months in early 2010, one 30 days and the other  60 days, its when we signed up with CCCS for a DMP, was confusion on my end, thought if I made that payment all cards would report current...

Message 4 of 6
raleighmortgagegals
Established Member

Looking good.  Underwriters are more strict on mortgage/rent lates.  Can't have that within a year of applying for FHA loan.  Credit card should be OK.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last mortgage late was in 2005..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.