cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA gift funds from grandparents-in law?

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: FHA gift funds from grandparents-in law?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your help,

I'll contact him and ask him to clarify why the gift funds won't work.

What he told me was, "per FHA, the down payment cannot come from a grandparent – in law unless your spouse was on the loan."

Hi OP and welcome to myFICO

And if your LO doesnt get it or understand the rules, find another LO who does because you’re guaranteed to have more snafus with your LO. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm assuming you are speaking of the 401k loan. Take the money out of the 401k to put towards the mortgage. Then use the gift from your relative to pay off the 401k loan.

i dont recommend doing this OP. As jville said, there’s no reason to go to this extreme. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 13
JVille
Valued Contributor

Any update and hopefully good news?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.