cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA loan MAYBE.

tag
Dstangel11

FHA loan MAYBE.

New to the Forum, but I have been lurking and getting a lot of information regarding credit. I want to purchase a home within the next year. I will be going with FHA. Someone told me that if you have a collection over 1000 on your CR then you won't be approved. Any truth to this?  Thanks !Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 520
Current Score:616 (as of 5/2014)
Goal Score: 750
Capital One Platinum $500| Capital One QuickSilverOne $800
Bill Me Later $1000| HSN $2000| Comenity Bank Retail Cards 1600 Total
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dzemboc77
Established Member

Re: FHA loan MAYBE.

That information is false. I can tell you from first hand experience. I am closing June 19th.  I worked hard rebuilding my credit over the past 2 years and finally figuring my mid scores would be around 640 said I would app for the pre-approval even though I still had a few things to clean up. Was approved with no issues, I had a $356 CC bill from 08, 3500 CC from 08.  My Lender at first said hold off on paying anything off as I was about to settle my 3500 balance. 

In the end I needed to settle both debts. $150 for the $356 and $1000 for the $3500. This was however after I was already pre-approved for $250k.

Not sure what your situation far as credit scores and how old of a debt but I was fine in my case. They told me I would have no problems when I applied. Waiting for my Clear to close either today or tomorrow after I submitted my may bank statement Yesterday.

My Actual Mid was 639 Lender pull. They never repulled but after paying off both my score went up 40 points(according to credit karma). 

I have had no lates/missed payments in past 4 years. Current Credit Card limits about $6k and a Car Loan for $20k.

Message 2 of 3
Dstangel11

Re: FHA loan MAYBE.

Thank you for your reply. After posting this I saw something on another thread that cleared my concern up. I have a 1200 placed on my credit from a dentist that I don't agree with. there was an issue with my insurance. I believe now fha does not penalize for medical bills. 

Starting Score: 520
Current Score:616 (as of 5/2014)
Goal Score: 750
Capital One Platinum $500| Capital One QuickSilverOne $800
Bill Me Later $1000| HSN $2000| Comenity Bank Retail Cards 1600 Total
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.