Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA loan questions

tag
amclaughlin42
Regular Contributor

FHA loan questions

Me and my wife are needing to buy a house late spring/early summer. I have extremely limited credit. My wife has poor credit from her first marriage. We have been working in recovering from her credit mistakes in the past. I have a couple questions

Will I be able to get an approved if I haven't been employed for a full two years due to college? I got my first job in 2013 at Walmart and worked until September of 2014 until I got my first job, I may be switching jobs again in the next 1-2 months. It is in the same field. 

I have limited credit lines. The non traditional credit lines I have is a car insurance company. That's the only one that I have had for 12 months. I have a gas bill and water bill, as well Satellite in my name gas and water have been in my name about 7 months, and satellite about 4 months. Rent is in mine and my wife's name but we've only lived in our rental home 5 months. We have had issues with landlords in the past. Our current landlord is a friend of my wife's parents. My wife has the electricity amd internet in her names. I did lease a couch from biglots and I paid it off early for early buy out. Will this affect my home loan approval?

My wife doesn't really have income. She recieves child support from her ex and that is it. 

We have paid late on some bills but not like 30 days late or anything that extreme. 

I have income requirements, except for the length due to education. I have has my checking account for about 2 years, and I have never bounced on a check or over drafted. 

Will these cause problems for FHA Approval, we hope to start the process late April

Cards: CreditOne AMEX - $600, Cap1 QS - $500, Avant-$300, Cap1 WM Store - $300
GOAL - Chase FU - Goal Score 725
07/2021 - Experian 675 Equifax 673 Transunion 688
07/2019 - Experian 623 - Equifax 628 - Transunion 622
04/2019 - Experian 597 - Equifax 610 - Transunion 619
01/2017 - Experian 479 - Equifax 457 - Transunion 461
04/2017 - Experian 502 - Equifax 473 - Transunion 476
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: FHA loan questions

Not really enough information to know. Since you don't have 12 months of history either through established history or through your utility and other accounts, I think it will be very difficult to get a mortgage, even FHA. One of the others, Shane or Dallas or another LO will have to jump in and respond to your question. They will need more info though, so please see below:

Try giving the info requested here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Do-I-qualify-for-a-mortgage-Info-that-is-needed/td-p/...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.