Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA pre-approval-then denied

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: FHA pre-approval-then denied

mce wrote:
To avoid these expenditures & heart break wouldn't it be wiser to request a manual underwrite vs an automated underwrite to start with? none of the better lenders will have time... seriously. if you have a good loan officer, then the automated findings are like the 'golden ticket' Also when sifting through the FHA.org website on approved lenders for my area I'm considering the years they have been in business however if they hire rookies then we really have no way to know until something comes up..... right

Btw Dallas - we are back on, seems I over reacted to my DW's Equifax score without checking the TU & EX scores which turned out to me much higher and shouldn't have a problem getting qualified but I don't want to count the chicks before the eggs hatch!

ask friends/family or even your realtor for a referral to a good loan officer. there are some......

Retired Lender
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am currently going thru sort of the same thing, i am a single mom, with a full time job, i found a fantastic man who i am working with to get pre approved thru bank of america, he has went over everything i need to do so far and is very experienced and helpful, i too used my tax refund to pay off my credit inquiries, my only advice is to not give up, keep getting advice from others, i am brand new to home buying, so sometimes i feel like i ask stupid questions, but i have a very friendly loan officer, so my only advice is to find a good loan guy, and not to even look at homes until ur pre approved for real, with no gaps or stipulations, that way u dont get over excited only to be dissapointed, its hard im already looking at houses on the net, and everyday seems like my officer needs something new, lol, good luck, hopefully we both get the home we have been looking for for ourselves and children

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

if u have a good loan officer, they should already send it to the under writer, before u even pick a property, to double check u have all the qualifications needed

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.