Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO '08 POLICY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO '08 POLICY

Is the general consensus about the new Fico '08 scoring system will help more Americans working to improve their credit, or help the mortgage industry?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO '08 POLICY

I think it's designed to help reporting suscribers. Which we are not. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

my understanding is that those with thick credit histories and a good credit mix will see a score increase and those with thin credit histories with limited credit will receive fewer points.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When exactly will all these changes take place? Or have they already?
Message 4 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

ladylpk74 wrote:
When exactly will all these changes take place? Or have they already?

That is a mystery.  EX and TU possibly this year, EQ says after they and FI have finished sueing each other.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

CreditDrama85 wrote:
my understanding is that those with thick credit histories and a good credit mix will see a score increase and those with thin credit histories with limited credit will receive fewer points.

FICO 2008 will actually help those with thin files and those who have baddies that are old but still reporting. New buckets will be created for those with thin files and there will be even a greater emphasis on recent history, the last 24 months to be exact.
Message 6 of 8
annah
Contributor

That's awesome. So, roughly, all of us that are on here should see a bump. Smiley Wink

Figuring that we are on here now should be getting cleaned up, by the time fico 08 goes in, we should all have at least a 6 mo clear history. (or longer)

That's actually really good news for me, since I've only had one late (in july) within the last 3-4 years.
Message 7 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

this new scoring method could also be a complete disaster. i guess we in due time, we will know
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.