cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico2 vs. Regular FICO

tag
Ashy

Fico2 vs. Regular FICO

Do a lot of people's have mortgage scores that are lower than their FICO 8 scores?  My FICO 2 is 64 points lower than my Experian FICO 8.  That makes no sense to me.  In fact all 3 of my mortgage scores are lower than my FICO 8 scores.  It is depressing.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico2 vs. Regular FICO

Yes mine are different as well and when I pulled mine for my Mortgage Loan they did take my Middle amount/score Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Ashy wrote:

Do a lot of people's have mortgage scores that are lower than their FICO 8 scores?  My FICO 2 is 64 points lower than my Experian FICO 8.  That makes no sense to me.  In fact all 3 of my mortgage scores are lower than my FICO 8 scores.  It is depressing.  

EX2, TU4, EQ5 are the older scoring model. They are more sensitive to accounts with balances, individual and aggregate utilization.

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Totally anecdotal but probably about 2/3 of forum posters have lower mortgage scores than FICO 8 ones.

I've flip-flopped back and forth over time, they care about different things.  Right now though EX FICO 8 is slightly higher, EQ FICO 8 is in line (like 2 points difference) and TU FICO 8 is actually lower.

There just isn't much correlation though 62 points lower sounds like a lot unless you have a collection <$100 which doesn't count on FICO 8 but absolutely does on the older models.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.