Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File sent to final underwriting

tag
professor_g
Valued Member

File sent to final underwriting

So my file went to final underwriting on August 27th and haven't heard a peep from my LO or the loan processor. I'm starting to get a little nervous, but no newsies good news right? Can I expect them to check my credit again before closing? Credit was pulled in May when I was pre-approved, pulled again on August 12 when I locked in my rate and a soft pull on August 15th... LO has given me no reason to suspect any problems with final underwriting but you never know..
In My Wallet: AZSTCU Visa (13K) I Discover It (13K) I Home Depot (8K) I Citi TYP (6.2K) I Amex BCE (6K) I Dillard's Amex (5.5K) I BOA Cash Rewards (5K) I Chase Southwest Visa (3.25K) I Chase Freedom (3.25K) I Lowe's (2.25K) I Macy's (1.3K)

Starting Score: EX 586 EQ 551 TU 583 Current Score: EX 755 (CU PULL) EQ 803 TU 725
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Amythyst
Contributor

Re: File sent to final underwriting

My trips to underwriting took a full week each time.  I wouldn't worry ... some places can do it in like 48-72 hours but my mortgage company was slow... Smiley Very Happy  when are you supposed to close?  Mine checked my credit on 6/28 and I closed on 8/30 and they never hard pulled my credit after the 6/28 pull.  Most of the time, your credit report is good for 60-90 days with the lenders... but the best way to know is to ask your loan officer. Smiley Very Happy  Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

I asked my LO about credit pulls soft or hard before close she said USDA doesn't pull at all but each bank depending on their own rules might my bank does not pull at all before close the only reason they would is if the original pull was 120 days old or older so it depends on the bank ask your LO they should know!
Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 3 of 4
professor_g
Valued Member

Just an update.  LO let me know the lender will probably pull credit again right before closing.  Closing date is Sept 30th, but LO is hoping to get be closed well before then.  Underwriters requested that a couple small fixes be done to the house (fix smoke detector and appropriately cover wiring that had been capped $18.00 fix in total), those fixes where completed today and LO mentioned the underwriter had seen no problem credit wise with my file so these fixes were hopefully the last thing needed to push forward with closing.  So close at this point.  

In My Wallet: AZSTCU Visa (13K) I Discover It (13K) I Home Depot (8K) I Citi TYP (6.2K) I Amex BCE (6K) I Dillard's Amex (5.5K) I BOA Cash Rewards (5K) I Chase Southwest Visa (3.25K) I Chase Freedom (3.25K) I Lowe's (2.25K) I Macy's (1.3K)

Starting Score: EX 586 EQ 551 TU 583 Current Score: EX 755 (CU PULL) EQ 803 TU 725
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.