Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Mortage application

tag
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

First Mortage application

I applied with NFCU for a VA loan 30 year fixed. As a joint application for $230,000

My 'mortage' credit scores, according to myFico are
EX: 638
EQ: 649
TU: 681
Not a clue what my hubby has. Lol I assume he has the same if not better.

We make together about $150,000+ a year, only thing that worries me is that I have a lot of inquries. I just hope we get approved to get our own home finally in Las Vegas, Nv.
Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

Re: First Mortage application

We have 49% utilization of credit. Which I know it's a no no. I had several medical bills I needed to pay after my heart surgery
Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Message 2 of 6
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...inquiries and utilization are components of your credit score and are not considered separately from it in the normal mortgage process ...meaning that they don't care if its 5 or 15 inquiries, nor if you have 40% utilization so long as your score meets their requirements ...if your score needs work, your LO may look at anything that could improve it

...that said, your uw will probably ask you to explain each inquiry and if it resulted in new credit ...new credit is a flag that will probably need an LOE

...they will look at your revolving accounts to determine what your minimum payments are ...this total is then added to any other debt payments on your CR to arrive at your back-end dtir ...so the uw probably won't care about utilization per se unless it kills your dtir ...assuming all other financial widgets are green of course.

...hope that doesn't confuse you more Smiley Wink

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 3 of 6
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...and you really do need your DH's mortgage scores ...don't guess ...it can be an unpleasant surprise just when you're ready to apply

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Message 4 of 6
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

NFCU checked my credit, however I haven't received any calls yet

Message 5 of 6
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...if you applied together, they will have pulled both ...the lowest mid-score of the two CRs will be the one they work with ...good luck

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.