cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Home Buyer - How Much Can I Qualify For?

tag
descender421

First Time Home Buyer - How Much Can I Qualify For?

Hi there-

I'm finally getting close to ready to start the process to be a first time home owner.  I plan on using the VA backed loan (unless there's a better reason to use FHA, etc in my situation) with our local credit union here in the Seattle area.  I wanted to see what you guys thought as an idea of what you think I'd qualify for at this point in time.  I don't have any outside assets except for what I've saved up so far for a down payment, which is around $25,000.   One thing I am pretty worried about, however, is that I have a Chapter 7 bankruptcy from July of 2007.  I have no bad remarks on my credit reports besides that, however.   

To give you a little more insight on my situation:

My Fico Mortgage Scores

TU - 733

EXP - 725

EQ - 716

Income

Annual  - $72k .  Been at same place of employment for almost 4 years, however was promoted around a year ago from $56k to my current pay, so not sure if that will affect what I qualify for. 

Debt

No outstanding debt.  Credit card balances I pay off every month in full.  I have 9 credit cards that have a total limit of $42500, but all but one have a zero balance currently.  That one has a balance of <10%.  Only other expense is car insurance, which is around $400 every 6 months.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/info.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: First Time Home Buyer - How Much Can I Qualify For?

no worries..... you look fine

apply with confidence

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.