Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Home Buyer Programs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Time Home Buyer Programs

Hi all,

Quick question.  Does anyone know of any first time home buyer programs in Houston, TX?  I saw a bond 77 program, but my mortgage lender says they are not signed up to work with that program.  I have the downpayment, but it would be nice to have a little bit of help.

Also another question, my mortgage lender told me that they don't work with any first time home buyer programs because they will fail.  What does he mean by that?  He is not the only mortgage lender I have heard that from.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: First Time Home Buyer Programs

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Quick question.  Does anyone know of any first time home buyer programs in Houston, TX?  I saw a bond 77 program, but my mortgage lender says they are not signed up to work with that program.  I have the downpayment, but it would be nice to have a little bit of help.

Also another question, my mortgage lender told me that they don't work with any first time home buyer programs because they will fail.  What does he mean by that?  He is not the only mortgage lender I have heard that from.

Thanks.

You need to google "Texas home buyer grants" - they are hard to find.  I finally found the ones in my state and I make too much money. 

If you can't ask your LO what he means by what he said then that means you guys need to work on communication.  Communication with the LO is of the utmost importance to get through something like this.  In my opinion at least.  IDK what he means and I can't even guess. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

PS:  If your loan agency isn't "signed up" to work with those kinds of programs, you need a new lender.  Again, that is just my opinion.  if you can get thousands of dollars in free money, which is what grants are, that is worth another inquiry and some loan shopping.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 5
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks.

Ask them if they are licensed to apply for bond money / assistance.  If not, I would find a lender that will be able to assist with applying for downpayment assistance.

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 4 of 5
203bravo
Established Contributor

Looks like the Bond77 program is about the only option for 1st time homebuyers in the Tx area.  It is income driven and exclusively target "lower income homebuyers", so that may be why some lenders may choose not to participate. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.