Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Questions

tag
Heatherkins
New Contributor

First Time Questions

I am trying to figure out how much we can really afford. I have used the mortgage calculators and I am just not sure if they are even in the correct range. I am planning on paying off debt by January and plugging 1500 a month away to save for downpayments/closing costs/reserves. I am trying to research early to make sure I am ready for a purchase next November/December. 

Scores (Fico) range from 670-710

Income 79,900 Gross 

Monthly Net: $5638

Debts: Car Payment ($421) Student Loans ($405) 

Downpayment Anticipated: 12.5 K 

Hoping to be qualified for around $250K 

Taxes in Vegas run between $1500 and $2000

Does this seem feasible? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: First Time Questions

@Heatherkins wrote:

I am trying to figure out how much we can really afford. I have used the mortgage calculators and I am just not sure if they are even in the correct range. I am planning on paying off debt by January and plugging 1500 a month away to save for downpayments/closing costs/reserves. I am trying to research early to make sure I am ready for a purchase next November/December. 

Scores (Fico) range from 670-710

Income 79,900 Gross 

Monthly Net: $5638

Debts: Car Payment ($421) Student Loans ($405) 

Downpayment Anticipated: 12.5 K 

Hoping to be qualified for around $250K 

Taxes in Vegas run between $1500 and $2000

Does this seem feasible? 

Is there likely to be a HOA fee? If so, that is included in your ratios too. Are you thinking of going with a conventional loan or FHA loan?

Message 2 of 4
Heatherkins
New Contributor

There will most likely be a fee. Many range from 20-70 a month. I would say 45 if I had to estimate.

I am open to any type of loan. I figure FHA would be more of a sure shot? Not quite sure.
Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

your debt ratios are well within loan guidelines

i calculate 27/39

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.