Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First ever home mortgage after a major rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First ever home mortgage after a major rebuild

Hi all,

Been lurking for a year or so. I just wanted to share my story and give others hope.

I was at a 484 a year and a week ago. It has been an extremely long road rebuilding. I injured my back at work. I was a furniture delivery associate. Since I have changed jobs and been rebuilding my credit profile. I defaulted on everything. 3 credit cards multipule medical Bills and even a line of credit at my local credit union.

I started off with a capital one secured credit card my score was about a 525. With a 300$ deposit.

Fast forward 6 months I got a discover secured at a 580. With a 200$ deposit.

Then I applied for a capial one quicksilver in march of this year because I read on here 3 cards and various other loans make a good credit mix and boy that sure helped. 300$ SL. At a 600.

I also went house shopping in July. Had a 635 middle credit score. I Tried through Huntington national bank and sent all my documents, then they stopped all contact.

I then proceeded to apply for a account with NFCU. I was approved. I applied for a go rewards and got instantly for a 500$.

Just for fun I also applied for a Cabelas master card because I shop alot there. Had to send some documents in and was approved at 1000$.

I then applied for a Homebuyers choice home loan at NFCU and I was approved! Granted the loan was only 55,000. This is my first house and its everything that I wanted.

I close thursday the 29th. I am extremely happy and grateful for the knowledge and information on this website. I Thank each and everyone of you. If I can do it anyone can!

Loan: 30yr homebuyers choice @ 5%
0 down

Few data points:
Salary- 45k
Total credit cards-2500
Credit score at approval 635
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First ever home mortgage after a major rebuild

Congrats on taking control of your credit profile and your home purchase! 

Best of luck and continued success to you!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the kind words! I was hard but I had my heart set on a goal. This is the best reward.
Message 3 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratualations OP. 

Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story. It goes to show that setting a goal, persistence, and diligence always, always win the race. I love how you didn't let Huntington douse your dream. You should be extremely excited about your accomplishment.

Again, KUDOS to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new home! I've thought about using nfcu as well when our mortgage score is at least 640. Was your score mortgage score 635 at the time of approval and what was your dti if you don't mind sharing.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I will use NFCU for everything from now on. Never had a credit union make me feel like I am extremely valued until them. They made the experience truly painless.

Yes FICO 8 middle score was 635. My dti before the loan was 8%. I have 1 car loan and 1 tool loan. (I am a mechanic *bashes head against wall*) haha 🤣

Message 7 of 9
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

Fantastic news.   You should be proud of how far you've come.  Congrats!

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very proud and happy with my progress over the last year and wanted to thank everyone here for the confidence to be persistent and diligent and follow through with this.

Also all the good things people had to say about navy federal. They were an absolute dream to work with for my first house and will continue to use them for all my future purchases.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.