cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time Home Buyer giving stats

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Frequent Contributor

First time Home Buyer giving stats

I'm not sure if this will help anyone or anything but I did my preapproval this past Wed (February 13th and was approved for the asking amount I wanted of 250k) with Mortgage Numbers EX.711, TU 685, and EQ 719 and when the guy told me he saw my report and they used the middle score of 711 I was like RIGHT ON THE MONEY!     I was so happy how accurate MyFico is and this is NOT what CreditKarma or CreditSesame says my score reports so if you are looking around I would recommend definitely using the middle score of the Mortgage Options to base if you want to go ahead and shoot the shot or hold off a little I couldn't be happier and I'm so glad I waited for it to reflect over 700 too!    Ty and hopefully this helps!?

Starting Score: 537
Current Score: 725
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

38 REPLIES 38
Regular Contributor

Re: First time Home Buyer giving stats

Thank you for sharing! What was credit karma and credit sesame reporting for you? Mine was around 56 pt difference!
Message 2 of 39
Frequent Contributor

Mine wasn't that big of a difference that's a big difference!   My CK was showing TU at 695, and 684 Equifax and CS is showing 695 Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 39
Frequent Contributor

Also on Credit Sesame it says up to 232k, and I got up to 250k Smiley Very Happy  So if that helps?!

Message 4 of 39
Frequent Contributor

My Stats are updated as of Today so the 17th Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 39
New Contributor

Thank you for sharing, I typically always pick the lowest score if I'm talking to a lender lol. I will keep this in mind when the time comes Smiley Happy
Starting: 2/2019

Current 3/2019

Current Cards:

Dream Accounts:
Message 6 of 39
Frequent Contributor

That's a good mentality to have though just to be safe that way if it is higher then perfect!

Message 7 of 39
Frequent Contributor

*update* It's 4/2/19 and I asked my mortgage person if by chance I could go a bit higher so I am at 270k at 4% (that % might be harder to nail though since it does fluctuate :/)   middle mortgage score of 715 Smiley Very Happy     Our first couple of inspections are tomorrow and if all goes well by the end of this month I'll be a home owner!     *fingers crossed* and I'll still keep posting to hopefully help 

Message 8 of 39
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

*update* It's 4/2/19 and I asked my mortgage person if by chance I could go a bit higher so I am at 270k at 4% (that % might be harder to nail though since it does fluctuate :/)   middle mortgage score of 715 Smiley Very Happy     Our first couple of inspections are tomorrow and if all goes well by the end of this month I'll be a home owner!     *fingers crossed* and I'll still keep posting to hopefully help 

Congrats so far... Yes, please keep posting and hope all goes well.

Message 9 of 39
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so far inspection went well and I'm at the verification/underwriting part for the loan I should know more he said by the end of the week and if I have hiccups along the way I'll definitely post so hopefully it can help other people better prepare or if people have recommendations they can help too!     Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 39