Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time home buyer Any Advice?!

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

First time home buyer Any Advice?!

I have done a lot of research a lot .....was told that a middle score of 650 was a good sweet spot to be and of course I asked my mother a bunch of questions but are there any I wish I would have done that or I wish if I waited for my score to be 10 more points type of scenarios that anyone would like to chip in?!    I would greatly appreciate it as I'm going to do my preapproval application this Wednesday once my score reflects 700+ Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time home buyer Any Advice?!

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

I have done a lot of research a lot .....was told that a middle score of 650 was a good sweet spot to be and of course I asked my mother a bunch of questions but are there any I wish I would have done that or I wish if I waited for my score to be 10 more points type of scenarios that anyone would like to chip in?!    I would greatly appreciate it as I'm going to do my preapproval application this Wednesday once my score reflects 700+ Smiley Happy

GL on getting a house in the future!  I am curious though, how do you know your scores will be in the 700s in 3 days?

Message 2 of 5
CramEiko
Established Contributor

If I'm not mistaken it's either 740 or 760 on up you'll qualify for the best rates available based on credit scores. So there's that to think of.

I'm working on year 2 of my first home. Just start saving! ha ha

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 3 of 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I used a high limit on one of my cards on purpose in December and paid it off completely this past month so it will reflect in this months update and the estimated jump for not even paying it off reflects over 7 on MyFico not CK or CS lol   Smiley Very Happy     I'm also doing the AZEO method to help too 

Message 4 of 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Hmm that's funny I should have done the reverse of what I did in December but I thought December was to soon to do a home search since my lease doesn't end until end of June for my apartment.....I should have done the home instead of the refinance then since my score was 755 at that time but oh well....live and learn I guess?!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.