cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow our Journey of building our first home!!

tag
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Follow our Journey of building our first home!!

They dug up the land today and i also recieved my disclosures in the mail

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 31 of 101
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 32 of 101
tlittlejohn
Established Member

I see your scores went up not alot before starting the process. Can you tell me some things I can tackle? Where you suggest my scores be before even attempting to contact a builder 

Message 33 of 101
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Most definitely, just make sure you profile shows what is correct, get any incorrect or erroneous items reporting off you profile. Get some positive tradelines at least 2 to 3 (i went overboard) lol. Also if you have debts make sure your utilization is down on creditlines and my target was 620 at least before i considered app for a home. This time last yr i was in the low 500's 

Message 34 of 101
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

photo PreCement New home_zpszgws7xxp.jpgHere is where we are as of yesterday when my husband and I went by, We have a meeting with the construction manager on tomorrow morning and that will begin the rest of the process.
Message 35 of 101
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

How exciting!  It will start to move very quickly now Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 101
Xistaben2
New Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

How exciting!  It will start to move very quickly now Smiley Happy

100% this!  Once that slab was put in, my house was completely framed and covered in about a week.  Crazy how fast it moves.

Message 37 of 101
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

We met with the construction manager today and he says they will pour the slab in 3 days but he also said after the slab is poured everything else goes so quickly we signed our contract the last week of Sept and he says we should close in Feb because currently they are 54 days ahead on the houses as far as getting them completed. We are happy but also gotta ramp up our savings.....we expected it to take 6 months 

Message 38 of 101
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

photo wet slab_zpswkhildlf.jpg photo slab poured_zpsupixidcy.jpgThey poured the slab on this past Friday 11/11/16 and that is the wet cement picture above, on the following day we couldn't help but go by and notice they took the wooden boards from around the home, the weather has been good enough to proceed on schedule and we got a call this evening from the construction manager letting us know the trusses and wood should be coming in this week and the bricks have been ordered. We are moving along!!!!
Message 39 of 101
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

photo Screenshot_2016-11-17-17-00-17_zps21zpi8cb.pngSigned the disclosures and got a ballpark of figures, not accurate but hiw does the fees look?
Message 40 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.