Did you mean: 

Follow-up to False late payment listed on credit report

tag
Allme
Established Member

Follow-up to False late payment listed on credit report

FIRST POST:

Mistaken 30 Day Late Post to Report

Hey all I am wondering if anyone has experienced this before and what the outcome was. I recently (March 20th) paid off most of my credit cards in anticipation of applying for a mortgage mid-May. Well before the credit card payments hit my report my car note was mistakenly listed as being 30 days late (March 28th). This dropped my Transunion score 23 points, Equifax score 48 points, and Experian score 39 points. I spoke with my car finance company who has fixed the mistake and said it could take 30-60 days to show on my report. Before the late payment hit using the score simulator my anticipated scores would have put the mid Fico score around 685 after paying down/off credit cards. With this score I knew I would qualify for the mortgage with the interest rate and max amount for the loan right at what I needed.

So, my questions are:

- Will they give me all the points back that were deducted?

- Will my credit card payments have the same impact as the would have before the mistake? 

- Can I get my report updated quicker if it has not been corrected on my next pull date?

My next report date is on the 21st and as of right now I have not received an alert to the report being corrected. Any advice would be appreciated.

NEW POST:

So it has been over two months since this happened and I have disputed the late payment on Experian and Equifax with Equifax still saying pending after 45 days and Experian said it was removed a week after I filed. Both reports still have it listed as being 30 days late and my scores are still out the points that were dropped because of it. Please help me understand how to fix this? I have had to renew my apartment lease for another year instead of moving forward to buy my house because of this mistake and the only thing I am being told is I have to WAIT. This is so unfair to me and my family since I had done everything needed to get my scores up and debt down. Any suggestions? Advice?

Thanks,

Toni

2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Follow-up to False late payment listed on credit report

@Allme wrote:

FIRST POST:

Mistaken 30 Day Late Post to Report

Hey all I am wondering if anyone has experienced this before and what the outcome was. I recently (March 20th) paid off most of my credit cards in anticipation of applying for a mortgage mid-May. Well before the credit card payments hit my report my car note was mistakenly listed as being 30 days late (March 28th). This dropped my Transunion score 23 points, Equifax score 48 points, and Experian score 39 points. I spoke with my car finance company who has fixed the mistake and said it could take 30-60 days to show on my report. Before the late payment hit using the score simulator my anticipated scores would have put the mid Fico score around 685 after paying down/off credit cards. With this score I knew I would qualify for the mortgage with the interest rate and max amount for the loan right at what I needed.

So, my questions are:

- Will they give me all the points back that were deducted?

- Will my credit card payments have the same impact as the would have before the mistake? 

- Can I get my report updated quicker if it has not been corrected on my next pull date?

My next report date is on the 21st and as of right now I have not received an alert to the report being corrected. Any advice would be appreciated.

NEW POST:

So it has been over two months since this happened and I have disputed the late payment on Experian and Equifax with Equifax still saying pending after 45 days and Experian said it was removed a week after I filed. Both reports still have it listed as being 30 days late and my scores are still out the points that were dropped because of it. Please help me understand how to fix this? I have had to renew my apartment lease for another year instead of moving forward to buy my house because of this mistake and the only thing I am being told is I have to WAIT. This is so unfair to me and my family since I had done everything needed to get my scores up and debt down. Any suggestions? Advice?

Thanks,

Toni

I would post over on rebuilding as if it's a mistake you're clearly in the right.  CRA's should have fixed it within 30 days of the dispute generally, you couldn't go month to month on your apartment lease?

Probably a complaint with the CFPB is next but I'm not an expert in resolving such matters.

The rest of it score wise from your original post, FICO calculates instant in time so whatever situation your file is in at the time of the pull will be the score... so the paydowns help, removing the late will regain the lost points, etc.

        
Message 2 of 3
Allme
Established Member

Re: Follow-up to False late payment listed on credit report

Revelate - Thanks for the response. Going month to month would have been a extra $350 monthly which was not an option especially since I didn't know how long it would take to get fixed. What is CFPB? I will post on the rebuilding thread as suggested.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.