Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford Financing

What type of loan/rate would a someone with a 686 score get with Ford?

Do they take into consideration previous loans? This person has paid of 3 loans with FMC over the last 20 years.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ford Financing

That should get you a great rate.  I think if you get that score to above 700 you can get the best rate available. But as a rule lenders have their own scoring system.  So if you have a FICO score close to 700, because of your credit history, you may be over 700 on their scoring model.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH's only good account on his credit right now is FMC.  He bought a truck in 97 and paid it off in 2 years...never late on a payment.  His scores are in the mid -upper 500's (no updates since approval for CCCU or credit builder loan with our credit union)  I wonder if he would have a chance of getting approval with them again..is it worth trying?? We are going to need a 2nd veh in a month or so.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi being a sales mgr for a ford,nissan, and toyota dealership,they would come in a tier 2 or 3 depending on what else is on the  report.ford uses EQ in most states,
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

His EQ is 589 (again..no updates as to new TLs from last week) perfect FMC history ~ with one disputed repo thru HSBC 3 years ago

Can you explain what the tiers are?

Message Edited by kims on 07-16-2007 04:19 PM
Message 5 of 7
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Humm ... new board!  Lots of new boards!  More boards, less searching?  That's a good thing! 

Anyway, I've been hesitant about going into a dealership and trying to purchase a new vehicle, as I have never purchased one, not for a long time,  so have no such history which might help me.  All of the vehicles we have owned have been in my husband's name, solely.  We will be separating soon, and the car I have been driving -- which he refers to as mine -- but which isn't -- isn't going to get me to where it is I need to go.  Three kids, two Yorkshire terriors, two cats and a bearded dragon make it sort of necessary that I obtain an SUV thing. It will be best that it is new because it will have to last me a good 10 years, or so. 

My Fico credit scores are fairly good, TU 704 and EX and EQ around 680, and which I expect to be closer to 700 by the August updates, as I have paid off or down all creditors and have had several credit limits raised by current creditors.   I have missed no payments nor been late on any payments, to anyone, in near four years, and have never filed for bankruptsy.  My credit reports show an old, closed and paid mortgage, taken out in 1987 and closed in 2003, that was late 30 days, several  times, 8 times, I believe, and 1 paid charge off from 2003.  The current mortgage is my name.

My problem is proving income, as I have, for the most part, worked for my husband for the past 20 something years and have not drawn a salary, up to this past year, when I went on a 1099 (for Social Security purposes as I was afraid of not having enough credits when the time came) and which is the most he would agree to, as the money paid to me goes right back into the company account, which is in both our names.   Aside from this I do have checking account, separate and apart from him, as well as a small outside income that maintains my bank account and personal bills.  Is there any hope at all that I will be able to purchase a vehilce without having to ask him, or someone else,  to cosign?  Thanks.

mercy who so LOVES this forum!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are looking into co-signing for a car for our son (20yo college student)  because I assume that he will not be able to get a loan on his own because he has a very short credit history (Master Card with $500 limit that has only been open 3 months and paid in full each month).

What type of rate should we expect if the cosigner has a EQ 686?

We're looking at new vs. used since DH is a Ford employee and qualifies for a "D Plan" purchase.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.