cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure Oct 2014 can I get a mortgage again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Foreclosure Oct 2014 can I get a mortgage again?

I unfortunatly have a foreclousre that ended in Oct 2014.  My Fico 8 scores are now EQ 662, TU 643 and Exp 657.  We have income at 112k last year and hoping we can go the FHA route with 3.5 percent down.  Any advice or feedback is greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Foreclosure Oct 2014 can I get a mortgage again?

Pretty sure its 3 years, so Oct of this year
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA loans are the most forgiving of foreclosures. To qualify for an FHA mortgage loan, you must wait at least three years after the foreclosure. The three-year clock starts ticking from the time that the foreclosure case has ended, usually from the date that your prior home was sold in the foreclosure proceeding.
When Can I Get a Mortgage After Foreclosure? | Nolo.com
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked it up on my public records...So it would be the actual sale date or would it be the date the foreclosure proceeding (Closed)  Not sure which date to look at.  Thank you

Message 4 of 7
kc0039
Established Contributor

3  years from completion date

Licensed in IL
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My non- lender info seems to be that most everything starts when the deed is transferred out of your name. As far as I know that is the "completion" of the foreclosure process
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My non- lender info seems to be that most everything starts when the deed is transferred out of your name. As far as I know that is the "completion" of the foreclosure process

Okay..Thank you..Well it's either my June 2014 date or October date then.  I have already spoken with a Lender and discussed this, sent over tax information from last two years and income verification.  if anything at least I can start the process now and hope for the best in the future.  Thank you for your help and repiies.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.