Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure stories. Cash For Keys?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Foreclosure stories. Cash For Keys?

Wondering if anyone that had property foreclosed on received a Cash for Keys offer? I lost two properties, one was my home. I went to the auction to see what was going on that day. I actually had to park a block away because the street was full of cars. I was lucky to have a total of 4-5 people look at the house when it was on the market. Wish I had the same interest as foreclosure day!  Well, later in the day, the new owner located me at my business and offered to "rent" the property so they could get in and get things ready to move in. I think I ended up with about $2500. plus they paid for the dumpster and... I sold them a few things that I took out of the house.

The next property was my business that had an attachment that I lived in after the house went bye-bye. The economy took that out too and I was inside when it went too action. They tried getting in after the auction was over. I barricaded the door just in case they tried to break in. They drilled the locks out but still couldn't get the door to budge. I guess they were surprized when I picked my head out and said "hey, what's going on?  They eventually offered me $1800. to leave by a certain date (2 1/2 months later) and also paid for the dumper.

I cleared out/threw away a lot of things during these two moves. 

All of this happened in less than a year. That sure was an interesting time of my life!

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Foreclosure stories. Cash For Keys?

Hi,

These are funny stories, but I hope you have done the things under the law.

All the best.

Message 2 of 4
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

You seem to strong and very resilient.  I know this had to be difficult for you, let us know how things turn out for your next step.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 3 of 4
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Oh yeah, everything was done correctly. It's just sometimes there are things in life that don't go as planned or don't go as they should. It's good to look at the bright side and find the best in the situation. Can make you feel a little better. 

At the time, it was very difficult. Watched what I had, what I built... just go away. The economy wasn't supposed to slow down, money coming in wasn't supposed to come an end/stop. Years ago I wondered how we could hear about some people go from being on top of the world to living under a bridge. Now I know. 

If you learn from a situation, you don't totally go away empty handed...

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.