Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated... Back to waiting

tag
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Frustrated... Back to waiting

So we are supposed to close on the 10th. Then today I find out the builder has changed the date to the 15th, but hasn't told anyone but themselves... Here is what happened.

We are new construction so we were supposed to get the occupancy cert ordered (according to the superintendent) on Tuesday (yesterday). We were also trying to avoid having to do a 442 reinspect on the appraisal, so we listened to the super and postponed it until today, which happened at 9:00 am. Unfortunately, the house still isn't done. They are still missing some external columns and don't have the landscaping in yet...

I get an email this morning as part of a chain from my LO and processor from FMC. Can't get the clear to close until we get the cert. In the thread of the email, I see the builders paperwork person say that the final cert should come on the 10th with close on the 15th??? What??? When did that happen... Oh and let me add, our rate is locked until the 12th.... grrrrrr

FMC is known for being very slow. So now I am freaked out. I called our agent and he got on the phone with the builder trying to push it to the 7th or 8th. The final cert then goes to escrow who distributes it out to all who need it, including the lender... I then call my LO for FMC and talk to her about the process. She said Appraisal happened today and hopefully the did all the comp work upfront. I was under the impression that that is the end of the appraisal report. She said nope, it then goes to AMC who handles reviews for FHA, then if they agree, back to us and the LO....

Once FMC recieves the Appraisal and Cert, we will get the clear to close. Docs are prepared and sent to escrow who will then prepare paperwork for signing. If they get paperwork before noon, we should be able to sign and get them sent off same day, but if not, it will roll over to the next day. Then escrow files paperwork with the County and overnights it to FMC who then sits on the completed paperwork a full 24 hours before funding. She said she has never had them do it quicker....

So, back to waiting... It is all out of our control, but I'm so upset with the builder for the delay. grrrSmiley Mad  

Thank you for letting me vent... Soon enough, I will have a beer in my new home!!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated... Back to waiting

I am stressed from just reading all of that : (  I am sure it will all work out for you!  Just said a prayer : )

Message 2 of 17
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Thank you blessed!!! I really appreciate it!!

I know we have the house, I'm just tired of the waiting,.... Feels like it is one thing after another... Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing... But soon, soon, it will all be worth it...

I will now tell anyone buying a house is like child birth... Hurts like heck, but you soon forget the pain! lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
boomhower
Valued Contributor

It's a stressful process no doubt.  Have you made sure the builder knows the importance of closing by the 12th? 

Message 4 of 17
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@Catacam wrote:

Thank you blessed!!! I really appreciate it!!

I know we have the house, I'm just tired of the waiting,.... Feels like it is one thing after another... Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing... But soon, soon, it will all be worth it...

I will now tell anyone buying a house is like child birth... Hurts like heck, but you soon forget the pain! lol Smiley Very Happy

True statement! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 5 of 17
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

It's a stressful process no doubt.  Have you made sure the builder knows the importance of closing by the 12th? 

Yes, May 12 is extremely important and the best day of the year no doubt. It also happens to be my birthday. Haha.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 6 of 17
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Good luck!

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 7 of 17
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Yes Boom, we have. I swear if I could fire my agent now, I would. I will also add, NO more doing business with friends ever!!!  He seems to be working for the builder and us, and he is NOT a double agent... He keeps telling us to not tell the builder about the bad craftsmanship that we see and to let warranty handle it. Ummmm, NO... I get his point but I don't want to move all of my closets twice because they installed the wrong shelves. Do your dang job right, and frankly, I feel our agent needs to be fighting for us, not just moving along.

We did tell the builder and they are going to try. We know how slow FMC is (Shoot based on my score, I totally understand), so if they get cert next week, early in the week, we may be ok. LO also said that if the rate expires on the 12th (saturday), it will generally roll to Monday so she we should be ok.

I know I need to have patience, but it is so so hard...  Oh and I also found out that we will NOT have to pay to extend the lock, the builder will, so that is nice.

Message 8 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Catacam wrote:

He keeps telling us to not tell the builder about the bad craftsmanship that we see and to let warranty handle it. Ummmm, NO... I get his point but I don't want to move all of my closets twice because they installed the wrong shelves. Do your dang job right, and frankly, I feel our agent needs to be fighting for us, not just moving along.

This would drive the guy from Holmes on Homes absolutely bonkers. Good luck, Cata. I'm sure all of this will be a laughable memory soon.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 9 of 17
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Hang in there, Cata. You've come so far! Too blessed to be stressed!

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.