Owning the land outright is certainly an advantage! That's part of our issue - we need to finance the land in addition to the home, so it's a little more complicated than we realized. At least your builder knows the lender. This is the first time ours have worked together so it's a bit tougher to get the lines of communication open the way we'd like them to be. (the builder is in a bigger city about an hour away and we are in a small town). Hopefully today they were finally able to hash some things out together and get the info. gathered for the appraiser. I am tired of the pins and needles feeling!
Thank you Eileen! We are still hanging in there and nothing has really changed. This will be the second full business week without the appraisal report. Apparently, our builder called our LO and they spoke, she told him the appraiser went out of town for this week from M-W. My builder called me, said he'd give the appraiser everything he needed yesterday and let me know. Didn't hear a word which leads me to believe the appraiser is still not responding. We were hoping to at least have this information in their hands no later than this week, but it's Friday and I am not holding out much hope. I am just shocked at how long it's taking to get them the info, let alone get the process completed. Meanwhile, we spend every waking moment stressed to the gills with no end in sight. It's outrageous.
Hi @simplechamp thank you for your empathy! I bought and sold a home before, but because this one needs to have quite a high amount of equity for the loan to go through, it makes the whole thing that much more stressful. We are STILL waiting for the appraisal report after two full weeks of sitting by and holding our breath. Our builder called this past Saturday and said the appraiser finally contacted him for the plans and other information. That was at the end of a full two weeks with no contact from them, and it's now Thursday and still, we wait so it will be 3 weeks if we get no answers by tomorrow. If we don't hear anything by COB tomorrow I fear we might have a meltdown!
Keep sending that positivity our way!