Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GNMA as a mortgage servicer???

tag
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

GNMA as a mortgage servicer???

I closed in August on a 15 yr FHA with Michigan Mutual Inc.  I knew the loan would be sold and assumed Wells Fargo or one of the big guys would pick it up.  Was getting kinda concerned as I havent heard a thing until yesterday.  I got a very vague and poorly written letter from MMI saying "GNMA" is my new servicer.  I had to employ google power to see what GNMA even was.

The letter goes onto explaining all the legal mumbo jumbo but leaves the line blank about the business address for the new servicer.  So, basically I have no clue who or where to send the first payment due next month???  WTH???

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GNMA as a mortgage servicer???

I received the same thing after closing on my home on August 1st. However, the letter indicated a date which this was to take effect. Essentially, I had to mail my first payment to my initial company and then beginning on October 1st I had to send to my new company. Shortly after receiving the initial letter I received another letter from the new servicer with information, how to make payments, etc.

Message 2 of 6
Chbraswell
Regular Contributor

GNMA is actually a government pool of loans.  Unless your sending a payment to them directly(which normally people dont) I think you gotta call your old servicer to see who you will actually send your payments to.

Beginning:Explus 630 eq 573 tu 593
Current: EXplus:677 Eq 642 TU 727
Goal: Explus 700 eq 700 tu 800

Merrick: 1550 Capital One:1150 Barclay: 2000 Walmart: 300 Chase Freedom: 500
Message 3 of 6
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

@Chbraswell wrote:

GNMA is actually a government pool of loans.  Unless your sending a payment to them directly(which normally people dont) I think you gotta call your old servicer to see who you will actually send your payments to.

Moe than likely GNMA is the investor (owner).

Go to this address, it can tell you who the servicer and investor on the account are 

https://www.mers-servicerid.org/sis/index.jsp

My loan is serviced my Wells Fargo, but the investor is Ginnie Mae (GNMA)

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 4 of 6
Chbraswell
Regular Contributor

actually,  gnma is a a pool of loans that are mortgage backed securities.  Very rarely is GNMA an actual investor.  It is a common misconception.

check it out

http://www.ginniemae.gov/about/about.asp?Section=About

"

Ginnie Mae does not buy or sell loans or issue mortgage-backed securities (MBS). Therefore, Ginnie Mae's balance sheet doesn't use derivatives to hedge or carry long term debt.

What Ginnie Mae does is guarantee investors the timely payment of principal and interest on MBS backed by federally insured or guaranteed loans — mainly loans insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). "

Beginning:Explus 630 eq 573 tu 593
Current: EXplus:677 Eq 642 TU 727
Goal: Explus 700 eq 700 tu 800

Merrick: 1550 Capital One:1150 Barclay: 2000 Walmart: 300 Chase Freedom: 500
Message 5 of 6
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Well it appears they letter they sent was a mistake, or just some canned form.  I received a second letter the next week saying that MMI was keeping the mortgage and using a servicer only.  Dovenmuehle is going to be the servicer. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.