Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the loan is no time to celebrate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the loan is no time to celebrate

Updated the post. 
In the end, the seller got a lot more money out of the place than they were asking for. Bad for me, but good for the seller. Its the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. It looks like it may have been the best thing not getting that place, because the other place is better. It sure was cheap though.That would have been a good deal. A few year back I could have probably talked them down on that place. Timing is eveything. 

I wish I could sell houses as easily as some of the people do. I went to look at a place today. It was on zillow but still hadnt been posted on the realestate companies site. It had only been posted for 16 hours and I know i was one of the first to see it this morning. I went out and looked at it and I had the only tire track. I went back with my son to show him and the only tire tracks were ours. When I put a bid on the place the realtor was told that there was already two bids on the place. It sounds like all realtors have people they are looking for places. And they have investors who for clients. I dont think they even look at them, the realtor just calls an invester and says i have this lot and he says ill buy it. Then when it gets listed its already sold. Something dirty is going on, even though it wouldnt be dirty if I was the one who got the first call deal. I could live with that. 
Updated the post. 
In the end, the seller got a lot more money out of the place than they were asking for. Bad for me, but good for the seller. Its the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. It looks like I may have been the best thing not getting that place, because the other place is better. It sure was cheap though.That would have been a good deal. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting the loan is no time to celebrate

Sorry.  

I had read this relevant article earlier today.

Absentee homeowners are crowding the housing market, data shows (nbcnews.com) 

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I could sell houses as easily as some of the people do. I went to look at a place today. It was on zillow but still hadnt been posted on the realestate companies site. It had only been posted for 16 hours and I know i was one of the first to see it this morning. I went out and looked at it and I had the only tire track. I went back with my son to show him and the only tire tracks were ours. When I put a bid on the place the realtor was told that there was already two bids on the place. It sounds like all realtors have people they are looking for places. And they have investors who for clients. I dont think they even look at them, the realtor just calls an invester and says i have this lot and he says ill buy it. Then when it gets listed its already sold. Something dirty is going on, even though it wouldnt be dirty if I was the one who got the first call deal. I could live with that. 

Message 2 of 11
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Google pocket listing

A real estate agent doesn't have to list on MLS as soon as they have signed with the seller. They can shop it to their own contacts. 

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It wastes peoples time. The realtor should have said he already sold it to one of her investment buddies and i had no chance of getting it due to the unique relationship she has forged with her investors. It would have saved me two trips. I wasted my time over something that was never going to happen. What about the seller? The seller believes the agent is trying to sell their property and get them the most money they can. Instead, agent is checking her buddy list for people that "She" or "He" would like to sell the property to. 

Message 4 of 11
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Our last house sold like this. The Realtor we used pitched it to an investor she knew. We were in a hurry to sell as we wanted out of that area and the date of completion and closing on the new house we were buying was quickly approaching.

She asked what we wanted to get out of it. I told her an amount, she asked if we wanted to list it and try for a little more. I told her no as we didn't have the time for the extra hassle and just wanted out. She had it sold to the investor that day for a little more than the number I told her.

It was a quick easy deal as we owned that house outright no mortgage.

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200 CL /

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 5 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Ardecko wrote:

Google pocket listing

A real estate agent doesn't have to list on MLS as soon as they have signed with the seller. They can shop it to their own contacts. 

This!!

It would likely benefit you to connect with an agent you like in busy off in your locale so you too can get in on the pocket listing news before they hit the market.  And as you've experienced, you'll likely need to be ready to write an offer then and there especially if you're looking at a popular price point with investors and competing with other cash/non-contingent buyers

Message 6 of 11
GreatLife
Regular Contributor

Literally we JUST signed an agent listing contract to rid ourselves of a duplex purchased 4 years ago because plans changed. Yesterday an almost exact duplex within a 1 minute walk of ours popped into Zillow. Our realtor took a look and immediately determined the seller paid an agent to place on MLS, but it's actually a FSBO property. Perhaps this or something similar is what happened ?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats kind of a deal im in. Except the contract company went through a neutral realtor. I asked for out the door price and asked they pay for all the fees and everything. They accepted. The neutral realtor helps and got me what i asked for, but, her job is done. Now its just me making sure the abstract gets to where it goes. Which it did, so i think we are waiting on the lawyers to do a title check or something and check the abstract. Selling and trying to buy a house at the same time is double stressfull. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one for everything but selling this house and trying to buy the land next too me. The other land that had offers before it hit the site had an offer substantially larger than mine. I offered what they asked. My realtor wanted to know if I wanted to offer more. Which i dont want to or to get in a bidding war. I didnt think that many people would want it and i was there quick. I have the realtor on hold for a week to wait and see what the guy next to my land is going to do. If he completely dumps out on me then i still have my trusty realtor on stand by and i have to come up with a new plan. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im guessing since the offer was substantially higher than the asking price, an investor bought it for rental property. Its just down the street form the lake in kind of an ugly, run down lake lot area. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.