kjm79 - Thanks for your advice... I just needed a second opinion to calm me down You are right that time is not on my side and I sort of just have to commit to what I'm going to do and then go all in with my best effort now. I just don't have the time now to play the pay and wait game. The house we're building is going to be finished the second week in March (ahh!) so out LO has to do a final pull of our credit by next week in order to close in time.
I already made the payment bringing overall utilization to 17% and the LOC's individual utilization to 21%. This will take a few days to update and report, so I won't know until probably early next week what effect this has on my score. However, to be safe and attempt to get as many points as possible, tomorrow (when I have the $), I am going to pay the additional $ to get the LOC below 20% (19%) as well and then cross my fingers!!
You know you have everyone on the edge of the computer screens right?!?!?
Yes, edge of my seat too!!
Haha, no, I didn't realize that this thread was quite so suspenseful, but rest assured (and I'm sure it's probably already obvious from my constant additions), I will keep the updates coming as soon as I have them! I am thinking that next Tuesday (Feb 21st) is the final D-day when we'll know where all of my scores have landed.
I decided to go for it and make another payment to get the LOC utilization under 20% as well. I made that final payment to the LOC yesterday and when it reports to the CRAs, my utilization will be as follows:
Overall = 16% (a little under, but I'm rounding up)
LOC = 19% (a little under, but I'm rounding up)
These will be the final utilizations when I have our LO pull my credit again next week. I am so very lucky that the LOC is with BOA, which has a little trick for getting them to update current balances to the CRAs immediately so no RR is needed. I am hoping that I will see the new LOC balance on my credit reports by next Tuesday or Wednesday.
The next update should be after my LO pulls my credit to see if we made it to 620 - I will let everyone know what happens!
I can already tell you that we will all hit it!!
We are pulling mine next week too, in the form of a RR, so it will be a crazy 72 hours!!!
Catacam - I am SO pulling for us both!!
I just pulled both TU and EQ from here and unfortunately, I'm going in the wrong direction After paying the extra money (2 payments last week) to get both overall utilization and the LOC utilization to below 20%, EQ is exactly the same (601) and TU actually decreases by 3 points (638). I have scoured the TU report and the ONLY different between the report from last week that 641 and today's report, 638, is the lower utilization, so I'm not really sure why my score actually dropped.
I am still waiting for the LOC balance to reflect the final payment that I made last Thursday, but then we're going to have our LO pull. Unfortunately, it's not looking good. The EQ report is fully updated will the current balance after all payments. Paying $9100 to the LOC and bringing my overall utilization down from 42% to 17% has increased my EQ score 0 points Feeling really bummed...
MB don't forget that your TU score here is TU98. I was falsely assuming my TU04 would be lower, and actually didn't apply for a mortgage when I could have! My TU04 score was 667 (30 points higher than my TU98 score on this site) on the same day. I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to that score. You might be pleasantly surprised.
I could use helpp with AES
is your student loan with AES? if so i can help u with that, that was happening to me also before I found what to do..