payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Re: Going Crazy

LOVE THE COLORS!!!  Great choice!!   

Message 21 of 327
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Man that looks so nice! Love that kitchen island with the wood paneling, so much nicer than when it's drywalled (like ours will be). Also like that the microwave is not above the range and that you'll have a range hood. Double ovens too? Good stuff. 

Message 22 of 327
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

oldkitchen.jpg

This is what it will look like when its done, this is the kitchen we did in the first home we built before we couldnt get passed underwriting.

Still going crazy hehe

Message 23 of 327
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The wood on the island was a pretty big upgrade.

We pretty much went all out on the kitchen, they could take it up another level and make the island look like a piece of furniture. but thats even more $$$$ lol

Message 24 of 327
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely gorgeous!!!  *drooling*

Wish there were new builds near me in my range....

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 327
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

That kitchen is fabulous! Ours has dark wood cabinets as well with island located in the same place (no furniture coverings though lol). Also, we have granite countertops and stainless steel appliances but no double oven Smiley Sad. The sink is at the window instead of on the island. Very nice! Smiley Very Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 26 of 327
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Where's the fridge...tell me it's a built in, that's would be the icing on the cake. Smiley Very Happy

This is the kitchen from the model home of the house we're buying, doesn't look nearly as big as yours, and no wood panel island (wasn't even an option). We did upgrade the applicances to the ones as shown (including the built in fridge...I don't know why but I've always dreamed of one Smiley Tongue ). We also got the upgraded cabinets (different than shown, but same color) which have the dove-tail ends and full slide out undermount rails and soft close mechanism. 

Message 27 of 327
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The fridge is on the left side of the kitchen, and no its not a built in.

Around here, if you get a sub zero fridge you are getting a house that costs twice as much as ours.

I probably could have gone with a builtin and I might do it in the future. But for now I can't afford it lol

Message 28 of 327
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

BTW thats a pretty cool looking kitchen I like.

Message 29 of 327
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

Around here, if you get a sub zero fridge you are getting a house that costs twice as much as ours.

Yea usually same thing around here, expect for these house haha. The houses start at $256,990 but they have features and options that you normally find in much more expensive houses which is something that really attracted us to the community. Aside from the built-in fridge, we had the option of an all paver driveway (which we got), huge kitchen pantry (60 sq ft!), double doors and coffee bar in the master bedroom.

Man I'm so jealous you're so close with your house lol...mine is still a dirt field!

Message 30 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.