cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going through refinance, bought a 3000 tv, mistake?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going through refinance, bought a 3000 tv, mistake?

Hello, I'm going through the refinance process, haven't closed yet. I bought a tv around 3000 put it on my credit card (Costco citi). I plan on paying it off before the statement date hits (9/30). And I have a healthy savings +8 months worth. 

will this hurt my refinance? I figure if I pay it off before it reports then it shouldn't hurt anything. If necessary though I will return the tv if it means causing problems. Thoughts?

Btw my middle Fico mortgage score is 788. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Going through refinance, bought a 3000 tv, mistake?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I'm going through the refinance process, haven't closed yet. I bought a tv around 3000 put it on my credit card (Costco citi). I plan on paying it off before the statement date hits (9/30). And I have a healthy savings +8 months worth. 

will this hurt my refinance? I figure if I pay it off before it reports then it shouldn't hurt anything. If necessary though I will return the tv if it means causing problems. Thoughts?

Btw my middle Fico mortgage score is 788. 

I don't see why it would matter.

Unless of course you're looking for a good reason to return that extravagance Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 5
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Pay it off as soon as it appears on your account balance. 

No harm, no foul.

OLED I assume?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No the oled would've been more than I wanted to spend. 

85" Sony 90h (900h). 2469 which I thought was a great price. Added 3 year square trade warranty for 99. Put it on my Costco citi CC, end up with 7 years of warranty. 

wall mount and tax was right under 3000. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sure is a nice TV, and it would definitely be nice to have if it would actually fit in my house! lol

TBH with not being able to go to the theater it's not a bad choice, skipping 150 trips to the movies will have this payed off in no time!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.