cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my preapproval!

tag
Yumsetti

Got my preapproval!

I wrote here a few weeks ago about my low scores and wanting to get approved for a loan.  Well, I paid off my credit card to 15% utilization and my MyFico score went from 634 to 659 about a week ago.

I applied for pre-approval today and 659 was my middle score from EQ - the others were 658-EX and 671-TU. 

I have a clean 3 year payment history, but one medical collections that i paid as soon as I found out about it in March 2012.  The LO said they ignore medical collections anyway. 

So, I got pre-approved for a USDA Rural Development loan and an FHA loan.  I don't have a huge down payment or else there were some other loans that i could have chosen.  I already have a sellers agreement signed for a house that I love and the contract was dependent on this preapproval. 

Let the games begin!  For anyone else working towards pre-approval, Keep Truckin'!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my preapproval!

Congratulations!  I remember how excited we were getting our preapproval letter.  Hold onto that good feeling over the next several weeks as the mortgage company delivers repetitive kicks to the gut until you finally close lol

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  I remember how excited we were getting our preapproval letter.  Hold onto that good feeling over the next several weeks as the mortgage company delivers repetitive kicks to the gut until you finally close lol

Aint that the truth? 

Congratulations though!  First big hurdle = cleared.  Good on you!

Message 3 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Congrats have fun in your new home
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 9
TnTNYC
Established Member

Congtratulations, and best of luck.

Starting Score: 707 (Experian); 702 (Equifax); 740 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 776 (Experian); 753 (Equifax); 780 (TransUnion) as of 09/11/2014
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Good news, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 9
BCullum
New Contributor

Home buying...a roller coaster of eff'd up emotions. Cherish this feeling as it will last all of about a week. 

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 7 of 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats and I fully agree with everyone's comments! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 8 of 9
Yumsetti

Ha ha - yeah, I feel like I already turned gray during the offer negotiation process.  I've bought more wine recently...

Oh, well!  Here goes!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.