cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grrr... Bank sold my home loan, dropped 16 pts.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grrr... Bank sold my home loan, dropped 16 pts.

Guessing they sold it as my loan is such a low apr.

What will happen when a new mortgage account shows up?
This one was 3 years old.

The current one shows paid, closed, transferred.

Scores all sit at 780+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Grrr... Bank sold my home loan, dropped 16 pts.

The new credit line will show the original dates and terms and appear as a transferred services. It will not affect your Fico Score.... lenders selling loan portfolios is an every day occurrence.
Message 2 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This is why I want to get mine with NFCU...they service it for the life of the loan.

Agree with JVille..Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@JVille wrote:
The new credit line will show the original dates and terms and appear as a transferred services. It will not affect your Fico Score.... lenders selling loan portfolios is an every day occurrence.

Had my 1st mortgage sold/transferred 3 times, not a big deal.

At first glance it might make you portfolio look thicker    Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mortgage has been sold five times since 2010. Unreal ... somebody makes money but it sure isn't me!
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
This is why I want to get mine with NFCU...they service it for the life of the loan.

Agree with JVille..Smiley Happy

Hrm, maybe I need to go request my mother's paperwork and get membership anyway... seem to have pretty respectable rates and I know their servicing would work just fine if I decide to really make a dent in my mortgage balances.

Really coming to the conclusion I might as well just add another 900 bucks to my cash flow instead of sitting on this 15 year fixed at the correspondingly higher payment.

Edit: or maybe not with NFCU, their closing costs are absurd from everything I can find on them... seems to be a trend with CU mortgages =/.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.