Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELL WEEK!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELL WEEK!!

Thank you to everyone that has been pulling for me today.  I just recieved word that I will NOT be closing today.  The Mortgage Co just says that they will not rush on ANYTHING and they won't tell us when they will be finished.  We have rescheduled for 6pm tomorrow.  The rep says that he feels confident that we will get clear to close today but then it has to go through some quality control process or something and he fears we may be in the same boat at this time tomorrow WAITING.  If this does not happen tomorrow I will lose my moving company.  This is very upsetting to me.  Please keep those fingers crossed that everything will get done in time for tomorrow closing!

Message 71 of 117
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry frustrated....

if the file is headed to QC, then that means the underwriter is done.....which is a good thing.

The same thing happened to us once we finally got the clear to close...it was one thing after another.  first, it was the fact that we were using an outside lender from the builder and they required an additional 24 hour to close after they got the clear.  then, it was the fact that my lender did not wire their funds before the closing attorney's deadline..which caused another day's delay.  to top it all off, after we signed all of the closing documents, we still couldn't get the keys because the closing attorney still hadn't received the funds from the lender.  so, we sat at the closing table and twiddled our thumbs for about 15 additional mins....and as my realtor was on the phone with the lender trying to find out what was the hold-up, the funds came through, and we finally got the keys.

becuase our closing kept getting delayed, i ended up having to reschedule the movers 5 days after closing...it seemed like i was calling the movers everday asking if i could reschedule for the next day.  finally, i just said forget it....i'll push it out a week and be done with it.  we also kept having to push AT&T back.  it was a real pain.  i was soooo annoyed.

just hold on....it will happen.  the mortgage process is definately a test in patience...i failed miserably!!!  Smiley Very Happy

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 72 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks frugal.  My biggest thing is that I am moving my mother in with me.  She needs to be out of her apartment and her utilties are scheduled to be shut off Wednesday.  It's not just me and my kids.  My mother lives in a very bad area of town and I want her out of there!  This is just so upsetting.  I can't go through this again tomorrow.  I just can't.

Message 73 of 117
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

that's a hard one....i will be praying that it all comes together tomorrow.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 74 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is just so upsetting.  I can't go through this again tomorrow.  I just can't.

Even if you do have to go through this again tomorrow, you'll handle it because you have no choice but to keep going! Don't let this make you crazy. You're almost there. 

Message 75 of 117
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...one thing for sure frustrated has taught me ...no matter what the LO tells me, I'm not giving notice until the keys are in my hands ...another months rent just isn't worth what she is being put through

...by the way frus, had to retype this 3x ...not easy with crossed eyes, eh Smiley Tongue

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 76 of 117
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Lemmus wrote:

...one thing for sure frustrated has taught me ...no matter what the LO tells me, I'm not giving notice until the keys are in my hands ...another months rent just isn't worth what she is being put through

...by the way frus, had to retype this 3x ...not easy with crossed eyes, eh Smiley Tongue

^^^Sage advice. Remember, the first months mortgage payment is delayed - if you close in May, your first payment is due July 1.

This gives you peace of mind for moving + time to physically move and clean the old place to deliver it so you get your deposit back. It just isn't worth the worry and stress to give notice based on someone's word that has no vested interest in seeing you close on time. This would be the processor and underwriter. They get paid the same if you close or not so to them, if you close today or tomorrow or next week it doesn't make a difference...to them. It creates problems for you. 

Message 77 of 117
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

You guys are right. During my ordeal, I felt like no one really cared about the undue stress their actions were causing me and my family.

That was the one piece of advice I gave to my LO....to be mindful how their action or inaction impacts the lives of the borrower.

I also made the comment to her during the height of my stress that if I worked in the same manner that those in the mortgage industry worked, I would be out of a job.
Message 78 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys. Guess what? CLEAR TO CLOSE! WOOHOO! Mortgage co gave their word that I will close tomorrow night at 6pm! I can't believe I am gonna be a homeowner!!! Btw Lemmus you crack me up! Thanks for making me laugh through this. You and Frugal too! We must have a virtual toast when you close too!
Message 79 of 117
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•FRUSTRATED ISNT FRUSTRATED ANYMORE•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 80 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.