Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELOC Without Tax Returns

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELOC Without Tax Returns

Are there any HELOCs or home equity loans that don't require tax returns?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: HELOC Without Tax Returns

Depends, are you self employed, paid bonus income, a wage earner paid Commussions, have rentals, or any income that can only be verified by Tax Returns? You will need to provide W2’s.... what’s the issue? Yes most lenders just get 2 years taxes...
Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe, but I doubt it.

HELOC UW doesn't have the same strict rules that mortgage underwriting does, but odds are they will not underwrite on paystubs alone.  Note that a Home Equity Loan is basically a second mortgage and does do the full monty.

They may be willing to UW on assets much like mortgages, but you'd have to find a specialized lender for this specifically for HELOCs.  I'd find the lenders that did such mortgages and then see if they offer any of the products you want.

        
Message 3 of 4
Nayola
Contributor

The only loans I've seen that do not require tax returns are hard money loans with higher interest rates (8.5% and up) and higher fees (for example $600 loan processing fee plus $795 admin fee plus appraisal fee plus 4 origination points.)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.