cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELOC being reported as a mortgage by one agency and as revolving credit by the other two

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELOC being reported as a mortgage by one agency and as revolving credit by the other two

So my HELOC is reported as a mortgage on TU but as a revolving credit on EX and EQ. This put EX and EQ 20 pts below TU (they were all within 2-4 pts of each other prior to the HELOC). Does anyone know how to remedy this? Is it done through the credit agencies or through the HELOC originator? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: HELOC being reported as a mortgage by one agency and as revolving credit by the other two

It's actually both.....a revolving mortgage line of credit. 

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELOC being reported as a mortgage by one agency and as revolving credit by the other two

@Anonymous wrote:

So my HELOC is reported as a mortgage on TU but as a revolving credit on EX and EQ. This put EX and EQ 20 pts below TU (they were all within 2-4 pts of each other prior to the HELOC). Does anyone know how to remedy this? Is it done through the credit agencies or through the HELOC originator? 

HELOC's report squirrley in my limited experience.

What scores are you looking at and what are they currently?  Also where are you seeing what type they're being reported as?  Go straight to annualcreditreport.com for this one as third party presentation can sometimes be wildly off with HELOC's.  

My guess is you are sitting on a pretty scorecard with a pretty before and likely after score too, but ultimately it comes down to the lender in reporting it.  

Out of curiosity what is the line reporting at current balance / max limit... and heck for completeness what was the last account you opened before it?

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.