cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Credit Score dropped!!!! FHA Loan--HOUSE UNDER CONTRACT!!

tag
Boxerlady
New Visitor

HELP!!! Credit Score dropped!!!! FHA Loan--HOUSE UNDER CONTRACT!!

This has been the worst roller coaster ride EVER. I have paid off so much debt and been thru so much. My score was FINALLY a 650!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!! I PICKED OUT A HOUSE!! I am under contract!! ALL GOOD THINGS RIGHT? Well for underwriting I had to have some items I had in dispute removed...which I did. Mt lender ASSURED ME my score would drop but not considerably. My score dropped to a 606!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going FHA---I have already paid for my inspections, paid my earnest desposit---everything!!!!! I have been told you can have a 600 and qualify for FHA. Is this correct? He is telling me 640.Can someone help me?

edited to add---I am also going thru the MHDC program in Missouri and getting the 3.5% towards the down payment-if that makes a difference 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mysticuno
Contributor

Re: HELP!!! Credit Score dropped!!!! FHA Loan--HOUSE UNDER CONTRACT!!

Oh no, sorry you are having to go thru this but I can identify. However my lender worked with me to do several score simulations to determine the best route to me to 640. So I would suggest asking them to do this, it should be at no cost to you. I had plenty of time to work on this since mine was a new build.Good Luck!

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 2 of 4
TurboFX
New Contributor

A few lenders can work with a 600 fico score for FHA. Some will even go down to 580 score. Your downpayment and dti will be a factor as well. 

Message 3 of 4
itzateach
Regular Contributor

My lender said the FIRST credit report is good for 90 days. You shouldn't have to worry???? They are not repulling again at the end. Ask them if they can do that too!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.