Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP- NEED 4 Points on TRANS FICO4

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP- NEED 4 Points on TRANS FICO4

I am not sure how true that is. I am on a derogatory score card, and my mortgage score takes a hit each time I get a new account. But I think you are a special case, because that new card will probably give you points.

Message 11 of 51
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I just went back and looked, when I started my rebuild. My first card added scored me 80 points on my Fico 8.

Message 12 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

80 points would be a dream- 20 would be a god send.

Thank you for the update.

Message 13 of 51
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have 17 (yes 17)- 90 and 120 day late student loans reporting on my Transunion report- They are through FEDLOAN SERVICING, and I have begged, sent out letters, and everything under the sun to get those removed(the accounts were closed when I refinanced the loans a few years back to get my mothers name off of them)

Other than that I have one collection from the general, which is paid but will not delete despite multiple attempts/letters/phone calls. 

I have nothing negative aside from the above mentioned, no missed payments(other than one from over a year ago that i am having removed right now(it was 30 days late)

If those are Federal student loans, from my understanding, GW is not possible due to the higher education act.

Who was the collection agency by the way?

What was the date of your 30 day delinquency?

What was the last date of delinquency for your 90 or 120 day late? Besides TransUnion, are they reporting on Experian or Equifax?

I'm not well versed in the score impact of the delinquencies or frequency. From my understanding the recency may or may not play a part. If say, the 30 day late was within 2 years. With the removal of the 30 day late, you may or may not see any score improvement against your 90/120 lates. Reason being those 90, 120 day lates are a major delinquency and will supercede minor deliquency severity and the major will have more of a score impact.

See message 2. C. Derogatory Aging

Also see, https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Time-Since-Late/m-p/5138396

fico8 lates versus time.png

Message 14 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero 

If those are Federal student loans, from my understanding, GW is not possible due to the higher education act. YES THE 90/120 DAY LATE WERE FEDERAL STUDENT LOANS

Who was the collection agency by the way? NO COLLECTION AGENCY FOR THOSE STUDENT LOANS- ONLY COLLECTION AGENCY FOR THE GENERAL -THAT WAS "CCS" OR "CREDIT COLLECTION SERVICES"

What was the date of your 30 day delinquency? 30 DAY DELINQUENCY WAS JANUARY OF 2020

What was the last date of delinquency for your 90 or 120 day late? Besides TransUnion, are they reporting on Experian or Equifax? 90/120 DAY DELINQUENCY IS FROM DECEMBER 2019(90 DAY) AND JANUARY OF 2020 (120 DAYS)

YES THEY ARE ALL REPORTING TO TRANS, EQ, AND EXP

Message 15 of 51
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Based on your data points, I am unsure if the removal of the 30 day delinquency will give you a score improvement. One positive would be it's one less delinquency on your report. You may see some score improvement 2 years post delinquency. As shown by the chart, those major deliquencies can impact your score for a long while.

Hopefully, once your new revolving account post, you will see a score increase to push you past the 4 points needed.

Message 16 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero - as always thank you for your wise words.  I am not holding my breath on the 30 days making much if any difference in my score- that one was more so just a low hanging fruit that I needed to take care of sooner rather than later.  Should be about two days before the new CC posts-

Does anyone have any experience with a time line on how fast each agency reports? For instance if I get an update on my Experian- about how long after should I expect an update on my Trans or Equi?

Message 17 of 51
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

For me EX always comes first, then TU and EQ follow a day or 2 later.

Message 18 of 51
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

If you don't already have it, get on credit karma. It updates TU daily. When it shows the new account, come back here and pull your 3B and get the mortgage scores.

Message 19 of 51
Seamslong
Valued Member

Only suggestion i have if no one else has mention is if you have a family member someone who can add you to an aged credit card with 0 credit utilization currently

Remaining Card limit goals:
Capitol One 3,600/2,500/2,300 goal 10k each line or close after buy a home|Discover $9.5k goal 15k | Citibank $6.5k goal 10k | Southwest $8,200 goal 20k |PayPal goal $6.0k goal 10k|Wayfair $2.1k goal $5.0k

Possibly cancelling:
Amex Blue 2k | No credit line increase since inception 2017
Closed accounts
Legacy CC/Capitol One secured 08/2021
Amex 11/2022

Entered the garden on 9/01/2021
Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.