Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE!!!!

tag
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

HELP PLEASE!!!!

My GMAC mortgage was bought out by OCWEN now they are both reporting on my credit reports. How do I get GMAC to remove this information. This makes my DTI high.
Starting Score : EQ 635. TU 632 EX 635
Goal Score: 700. br >
.Nordstrom $800 Loft/$800 Cap 1/$3900 Amex BCE $9000br >
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE!!!!

What is the source of your credit reports? Lender-pulled reports are the reults of merge/purge processing.

Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE!!!!

@gtnitright wrote:
My GMAC mortgage was bought out by OCWEN now they are both reporting on my credit reports. How do I get GMAC to remove this information. This makes my DTI high.

The lender will be able to determine that OCWEN purchased the loan and will be able to remove the GMAC mortgage payment from your debt ratio, so I wouldn't be concerned with it impacting your DTI.  Probably takes GMAC around 30 days or so to update the credit reports to show they've been paid off.  If it's been over 30 days then I'd give their customer service department a call and let them know to report it at a $0 balance.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.