Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Power Trip Ruining my Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HR Power Trip Ruining my Loan

I was informed last week that my HR needs to write on my income verification that I am "guaranteed" the hours I get. I do shift work of 12 hours, 4 days on and 4 days off. My schedule and hours are guaranteed by my union bargaining agreement. But this dumb woman in HR won't tell them that I get 8 hours overtime in 4 of 8 weeks. I'm so pissed right now!! This one simple thing she keeps stalling on and rewording in different ways that my LO can't accept. I've already paid for 3900 in non refundable upgrades and 2000 earnest money. I'm sooooo angry right now, I'm getting my union involved at this point and my manager. I HATE how one person can screw a whole thing up even after I told her how important it is!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: HR Power Trip Ruining my Loan

@Anonymous wrote:
I was informed last week that my HR needs to write on my income verification that I am "guaranteed" the hours I get. I do shift work of 12 hours, 4 days on and 4 days off. My schedule and hours are guaranteed by my union bargaining agreement. But this dumb woman in HR won't tell them that I get 8 hours overtime in 4 of 8 weeks. I'm so pissed right now!! This one simple thing she keeps stalling on and rewording in different ways that my LO can't accept. I've already paid for 3900 in non refundable upgrades and 2000 earnest money. I'm sooooo angry right now, I'm getting my union involved at this point and my manager. I HATE how one person can screw a whole thing up even after I told her how important it is!!

My LO did not need this information from the Employer, he just did the OT averages over the last 2 years..

Has this OT not been consistent for the last 2 years? I work a similar shift, Midnight to Noon, 3 days one week, 4 the next. So every 2 week I get 8 hours of overtime. He didn't need anything written from the LO, just the last paystub of the year for the last two years.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

He said if I was there 2 years he could do an average but unfortunately I've only been there one year.

Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

get your boss involved. get your boss's boss involved.

THEY can light a fire under HR

even if it means that HR gets on the phone with underwriter and hammers out a compromise.

here is the issue.... HR doesn't want to create a 'contract' by putting in writing that you are guaranteed anything. this puts the company in a bad situation.

but a compromise should be attainable.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, I got everyone Icould involved, my boss and more importantly the Union steward, saying that we are guaranteed these hours according to our collective bargaining agreement, and if they won't honor the CBA then it's a Union matter. They got me that letter REAL quick! Smiley Happy. Wish I would have done that last week before all these games.
Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks guys, I got everyone Icould involved, my boss and more importantly the Union steward, saying that we are guaranteed these hours according to our collective bargaining agreement, and if they won't honor the CBA then it's a Union matter. They got me that letter REAL quick! Smiley Happy. Wish I would have done that last week before all these games.

Thank MYFico for providing you this forum.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.