cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Mortgage is an out of control, ripoff company ....during and after Katrina disaster and NOW.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Mortgage is an out of control, ripoff company ....during and after Katrina disaster and NOW.

A bit of info for all of you...

HSBC and its mortgage affiliate HSBC Mortgage Services is a rpoff company.

They sneak into your online web postings and then use any personal info found to try to embarass you as they did in trying to strong arm me during the first few months of the Katrina disaster.

What is worse is that this behavior was NOT done by a lowly clerk, but none other than the Manager  of the unit supposedly "assisting" victims of Katrina unfortunate to have homes financed by HSBC. Numerous calls to HSBC headquarters and Florida servicing office did not correct this sicko and his personal lunacy.

Try having your website information as to personal thoughts and preferences refererred to in a collection manager's attempts to force payments while you are waiting for your other friendly insurance company buddy to do what is right!  (You understand, I am certain. Liberty Mutual- the "responsibility company" -no payments for over 8 months on your loss!)

Then, their offer to allow you to just pay them what is due is so amazingly confusing that you could have just paid them without the "assistance" just to get them out of your life.

They still have late payment shown (as of 10/07) for the months of Katrina forebearance period despite numerous letters and calls to this manager and lettters back to verify correction of these plus times they got my account number wrong in doing telephone payments!  Then the manager did his thing and marked all my payments late from the beginning of the mortgage on thru Katrina. Good thing I saved their letter vrifying that they assumed serviceing the account 60 days later than they should have from the prior servicer.

I would recommend avoiding at all cost.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC Mortgage is an out of control, ripoff company

Planetfeedback.com might be in order here.  I am sorry to hear about your situation.  I grew up on the North Carolina coast, so hurricanes are very familiar to me.  I was lucky to have never experienced a direct hit, but I know people who have.  Keep the fight up!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: HSBC Mortgage is an out of control, ripoff company

I'd go to ripoffreport.com & msfraud.org and post your situation there as well.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.