cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Any one heard of this?

tag
pixiefairy

Has Any one heard of this?

I paid off two medical bills, it wasnt a requirement from the underwriter.

I called TU And they are showing one paid and the other removed as of the 15th.

My LO pulled my credit on the 12th now he wants to push closing 1 month because it wasnt showing well.  Of course it wasnt showing because he pulled it before it was updated. He is trying to tell me that when I look at at my own credit report and it shows its paid that its different from when the lender pulls it because they only update on the 8th.  If he pushes it 1 month our rate might chage and the Sellers will only pay 5 precent of closing.

edit to remove typos

webhopper

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Has Amy one heard of this?

If it is on your report you pulled it should be on his too.  So, no, I have never heard of that before.

Message 2 of 6
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Did you actually see his report?
My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 3 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Lenders can do what's known as a rapid rescore..

It does cost them some money, so they don't like to do it.

I think you should call him and express your concerns. It also wouldn't hurt to mention that you might walk to another lender if he doesn't make this right.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 6
NotTellinYou
New Contributor

Re: Has Any one heard of this?

Some may disagree BUT this is VERY common.  Now by "this" I mean a LO trying to make sure that, based upon their experience with their underwriters, work with you to get yourt CR as good as it can possibly be, they know what will make it through and what won't.  Remember the LO is getting a commission and bonus for your loan and THEY are VERY motivated to get you approved.

The rapid rescore is an option but only IF the actual reports have been updated.  Even though you paid them the creditor will update your CR on their normal monthly rotation.  The LO has no way of knowing when the creditors will do that so they advised to wait a month.  

You could try to push it through only to have your loan rejected.  You could also volunteer to pay for the additional credit pull.  That said if the LO is right, and the report has not been updated, you'll need to pull it yet again and could possibly effect your score.  Now, inquiries are the lowest impact to a score, but I don't know your situation so that might be a problem.  

As for the sellers I would balk at them and threaten to walk.  They obviously want out and are trying to push you for early close.  If the house has been on the market awhile you have more leverage.  If not they may be willing to let you walk for now while they hunt for someone ready to close quickly.

Not fun for sure getting hit from both sides but good luck in what ever you decide!

Starting Score TU: 520
Current Score TU: 815. EX: 806. EQ: 819

Chase Freedom $20k, WellsFargo $12k, Barclay $5k, BCU $15k, Discover $5k, USAA $7k, Lowes $8k, Home Depot $10k, Citi $13k, Apple $15k, Credit One, $20k, NFCU, $25k, Arvest $35K
Message 5 of 6
pixiefairy

Re: Has Any one heard of this?

I have nothing showing on my report but those 2 medical bills that I paid off  its just frustrating because he pulled my credit report last June and then in Jan and again in march then again in April there is nothing different on there the medical bills were $183 and $167 which I pd off I don't know what he is looking for?  We have been looking for a house for so long and we finally found one we had the appraisal on the property and it came back lower than the asking price now we have to go back and renog the price......

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.