Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't heard from lender, closing in a few weeks

tag
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Re: Haven't heard from lender, closing in a few weeks

I have followed your comments since your first post and I am deeply saddened to see how your loan process has gone. It can be complicated, but you shouldn’t have felt that you were kept out of the loop. First, I fund lots of new construction homes and I can assure you we can lock as far as 90 days out, longer is possible but it's expensive.

It sounds like the LO either moved to another company or was terminated so someone else picked up the ball and ran. Most of us LO are very conscientious and nurture our files from start to finish. The good news is you’re almost done and after a few months, when your celebrating the holidays with your family and friends, this will be a distant memory.

Best wishes to you and congratulations on your new home!

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 11 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your kind words. I am a hot mess now. The lending company has several branches and the last I heard from my LO was the other night when he requested updated docs... after I emailed them the docs, this is when the new person (a production associate from same company, different branch) appeared yesterday saying they will handle my loan from here and prepare me for underwriting and they asked for a few things. I dont know if I should be worried about this or if there was reasoning behind it. My LO is still employed by the co. I specifically chose the other LO because of his great reviews and trusted him after meeting him... I dont even know if he is still my LO. Lol. This other person is an associate....maybe I am getting worked up for nothing....
Message 12 of 70
JVille
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a Loan Processer has the loan. This is the person who actually does the work of putting it all together and submitting your file.

In many big Lending Models the Loan Officer is an intake Agent. You deal with them upfront and they get the ball rolling but have little to do with the file/transaction after it’s turned over to processing. Sounds like they didn’t tell you how their system worked.
Message 13 of 70
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@JVille wrote:
Sounds like a Loan Processer has the loan. This is the person who actually does the work of putting it all together and submitting your file.

In many big Lending Models the Loan Officer is an intake Agent. You deal with them upfront and they get the ball rolling but have little to do with the file/transaction after it’s turned over to processing. Sounds like they didn’t tell you how their system worked.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, a production assistant is a processor and definitely not a LLO.  Sometimes an original processor is out for a few days, had vacation time set aside and someone else would take over rather than have your file sit.  I don't think there's nothing to be overly concerned unless they have in the past showed you cause for concern.

Message 14 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: This morning, received a message from realtor and an email from my LO. (it is the same one - phew). Anyway, on Fri. we went into underwriting. Messages today from realtor and the lender were congratulations on our loan approval / with conditions. I am super excited inside, but now another blanket of fear has come over me that I wont be able to meet the conditions or there will be a problem. How worried should I be at this point? I can't believe we have gotten this far. I want to celebrate but know we are not done yet.

Message 15 of 70
JVille
Valued Contributor

Did they share the conditions with you or your Realtor?
Message 16 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe so. The email from the realtor was a congrats on the approval and the lender was a congrats just said they will be in touch soon. The congrats milestone (video) said it was with conditions and then a reminder not to do anything crazy credit-wise, how to prepare utilities for our new home, etc. but I don't know what the conditions are. Assuming I will know more tomorrow.

Message 17 of 70
JVille
Valued Contributor

Based on that they are nothing to worry about and may even be internal conditions such as the final verbal call to your employer that you still work there. But nothing to worry about.
Message 18 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far, so good! Only other condition thus far was a request for homeowner insurance info which has been taken care of and now we are waiting on the appraisal to come back. Bracing myself that there are no other conditions. Closing is still scheduled for the 27th. I know things can change, but I asked for an estimate on when we might get our clear to close, and was told I should have it 3-4 days prior to our closing date. I am super excited, but nervous at the same time...

Also, I have a question... We did get our policy in place for our home owner insurance, but my husband and father are adamant on me purchasing a flood policy and the premium was not as bad as we expected. It is not required by our lender and we are not in a flood zone. However, my agent said if I purchase now, it can go into effect on our closing date since we are purchasing our home and there won't be a 30 day wait period...My question...Will they do a hard or soft pull for this policy on our credit for this flood policy and could this affect anything as far as our scores, inquiries, etc. prior to closing? I know my LO said to be careful with our credit at this point, etc. and I don't want a new optional policy to affect anything. Also, will my lender need to see evidence of the flood policy even though it is optional, or would this delay things? Thanks everyone!

Message 19 of 70
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You'd have to ask the insurance company if it'll be a hard or soft inquiry, but I haven't seen a loan where a credit inquiry from an insurance company has caused any issues or has even asked to be explained, which makes me think it's probably a soft inquiry.  The flood insurance will be added to your DTI, will it still qualify with the added premium?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 20 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.