cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! - Explanation of Derogatory Info for Underwriter

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Help! - Explanation of Derogatory Info for Underwriter

Hello,

I have been provided a "work sheet" of sorts from my LO that contains all of my derogatory information from my credit report. It provides 2 lines for "Explanation" and 1 line for "Outcome". 

I have a couple questions. Thank you for your time and advice/information.

1) I have a small Unpaid charge off (First Premier) that the LO told me not to pay at this time. It's for $485 and was charged off on 9/09.

- How do I explain this outside of "I was young and stupid and ignored this. Now that it's so old I'm just waiting for it to fall off" ... ?

2) I have a paid charge off from around the same time (2/10) from Credit One which got sold to LVNV (I settled with LVNV for less than full) coming in as 2 different issues.

- Same question as above for the Credit One line, and then for the LVNV "I paid this as soon as I was able" is the best I can think of.

3) I have 2 30 day lates from a Rogers Jeweler's account from 07/13 and 10/13 .. I was getting married at  the time and things were hectic. In all the mayhem I forgot to make the payments on both those months. Right after I got married I paid this account off in full and closed it. Is that sufficient explanation? 

I read the detailed LOE in the example thread, but that doesn't seem to be what my LO wants since she provided me with a worksheet. Please any help/advice you could give would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Help! - Explanation of Derogatory Info for Underwriter

I'd say screw the worksheet, create your own LOE.  I've seen that worksheet and it doesn't give you a lot of room to explain.  Just make sure you address all items listed on the worksheet.

You need to explain:

1.  What happened

2.  Why it happened

3.  What steps you have taken to make sure it's not likely to happen again

Helping people with Mortgages (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
In Irvine, CA and lending in all 50 states

Information that is needed to determine if you qualify for a mortgage

Message 2 of 3
Senior Contributor

Re: Help! - Explanation of Derogatory Info for Underwriter

I agree with Shane's recommendation ... craft your own explanation covering the three points he listed and you will be fine.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.