Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Missing tax transcripts!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help, Missing tax transcripts!

Like many mortgage loan processors, I need to give my bank the past 3 years of tax returns, which they'll compare to my IRS tax transcripts.  No problem, I copied my returns for the mortgage lender.

But I just discovered the IRS has NO RECORD of my 2014 and 2016 returns.  Fortunately, both had small refunds, so I don't owe money.  I refiled 2016 through efile today, but 2014 had to be mailed since it is old.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the IRS to get the transcripts online fast?

I can't ask my local IRS office till Wednesday, it's closed for weekend and the holiday.  Has anyone had an issue like this?

3 REPLIES 3
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Help, Missing tax transcripts!

@Anonymous wrote:

Like many mortgage loan processors, I need to give my bank the past 3 years of tax returns, which they'll compare to my IRS tax transcripts.  No problem, I copied my returns for the mortgage lender.

But I just discovered the IRS has NO RECORD of my 2014 and 2016 returns.  Fortunately, both had small refunds, so I don't owe money.  I refiled 2016 through efile today, but 2014 had to be mailed since it is old.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the IRS to get the transcripts online fast?

I can't ask my local IRS office till Wednesday, it's closed for weekend and the holiday.  Has anyone had an issue like this?

Hi Inkling,

Why is your lender asking you for 3 years?

You really only have 2 options.

Find a lender that will only ask for the last 2 years returns or go to your local IRS office on Wednesday.

Good luck.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. If you had previously filed your 2016 return you would not be able to efile again now. The IRS system would reject a duplicate filing.  2. If you had previously filed your 2014 return and received  a refund, you are going to cause even further delays because the return you just mailed in will post as a duplicate and cause an automatic freeze on your account .   3. If the return you mailed in was your first time filing with the IRS, then it will take between 6 to 8 was to process.

Did you try to access your transcripts on IRS.gov? Also an advocate cannot get a return processed faster for you. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.