cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help....a week from closing and re-aged collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help....a week from closing and re-aged collections?

I am scheduled to close 5/15. Everything has gone smoothly so far, but today I decided to log into credit karma and there are two new collection accounts on my report. I have never heard of, been contacted by, or seen this agency on my credit reports until today. The original creditor is a doctors office that I haven't been a patient at for almost 20yrs! I was fully insured while I was a patient there and have never been aware of any unpaid bills. This clearly seems to be a mistake or a gross case of re-aging. I am not sure how to handle this. I'm afraid to contact CA or CRB ar this point as I don't want to do more damage to my report by inadvertently opening a dispute. I am angry and terrified this is going to effect my closing. I'll be calling my LO tomorrow but I'm not sure I can wait that long for opinions and advice. What should I do?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help....a week from closing and re-aged collections?

Keep the faith, you've come to close to turn back!

I'm sure your LO will see you through Smiley Happy

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. LO said they wouldn't pull my credit again and not to worry.  I received my closing disclosure today and everything seems on track for closing Monday!  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. Congrats! So when was your second/last credit report pulled?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my nightmare!!!  I cannot WAIT until Friday gets here and I get that disclosure in my hand!  I am ready to finish this race!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So..... Did you close?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did close as scheduled and have been in my home over a year now! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what did you do, if anything, about the collections?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection wasn't re-aged as I had thought. It was from a doctor who saw me when I was hospitalized. Once I called their office and explained the hospital had granted me financial aid due  to being uninsured and my financial situation at the time, the debt disappeared from my credit report 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.