Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help getting approved for mortgage

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

Help getting approved for mortgage

I'm wondering if i should look for a mortgage broker or who i can speak with to help me go over my credit report, to find out what i need to do to get approved for a mortgage. i know general knowledge, and i've been on this board for years, but i need someone to tell me exactly what i need to do, without pulling a credit report. I do not want to go to the bank, and am hoping to either do FHA, or USDA loan possibly. i feel at a loss, and do not want to post all my details on this forum. I do not have any friends in my state who can refer me to a broker. 

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help getting approved for mortgage

Posting on this forum is not gonna do any harm.

Only knowledge and feedback will come.

People here can help you out.

I have read some pretty bad "situations" and lifestyles and previous habits,

along with everyone else here, so there will not be any shock value 

and most likely not any negative nellies (of whatever you call them)

I dont think i can assist with guiding you but there are many lenders, loan officers, etc

that can tell you exactly what you want and need to hear.

Post away!

Message 2 of 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Help getting approved for mortgage

Well OP, it's not easy to provide info if you are unwilling to provide info from your end,  but I'm going to try and give you some pointers:

1. You need to know your FICO scores. Get reports from EQ, TU, and EX.
  2. Review all 3 reports carefully for any errors and, if any, have those corrected.
  3. The last 12 months (it might be 24) of on-time bill payment should be flawless. No lates!
  4. If you have any medical collections, let a lender tell you if they need to be paid off.
  5. To get the best interest rate for your credit profile, follow AZEO (all credit cards except one with zero balances). One card balance at <8.9%.
  6. Do not have any disputes on your credit reports.
  7. If old collections are appearing on your report, try to get them removed through goodwill letters.
  8. Do not apply for any new credit (no HPs).

Hope this helps and GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.