cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with USDA

tag
Casey008

Help with USDA

I have a few questions regarding an application for a USDA loan. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I found a house that's USDA eligible, put in an offer and it was accepted! 

I have recently changed jobs (just last month), although I have a very stable employment history. Well over 2 years with no gaps. I accepted a position with State Farm working 30 hours per week. It is a sales position with a base + commission. I have worked in sales for over 4.5 years with no gaps in employment. However my previous job was with Verizon Wireless. There I also was paid a base + commission.

I'm under the impression from my loan officer that commission cannot be used because of the change of employer. I'm also a little worried about the 30 hours a week being a negative for my application.

My mid FICO is 650.

My DTI is going to be very very close to the 29/41 requirement, because my irregular income will not be included in the qualifying income.

Any experts or borrowers with USDA experience that can give me a little hope and encouragement!?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jwpezd
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with USDA

commision, bonus, tip income can only be used over a two year average in almost all loan programs....

i just got done with a usda loan and switched jobs six months prior, i to am base plus bonus.  i could only use my base income (bonuses are 20 to 50k per year) sucks but its just the way it is.  i was employed in the same field as well and it really didnt matter i spoke with four different lenders and could get past it. 

i hope this helps and your loan works out

Chase Freedom-(1000) BOA 123-(2000) Home Depot-(4000)
Discover IT-(1000) Lowes GE-(1500) Orchard Bank-(300)
Regions Student Visa-(500) Best Buy Reward Zone-(500)
In the garden till 4/01/2015
Message 2 of 3
Casey008

Re: Help with USDA

Thanks jwpezd! Did you get the loan? How were your DTI's?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.