Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here We Go

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here We Go

Well I just sent the online application in to the credit union. Purchasing from wife's parents with a 20% gift of equity to cover down payment. Will keep everyone updated as we go along.  Mortgage scores on myFICO 703 TU, 678 EX, 663 EQ. 1 paid collection two years old, 1 open revolving 2% utilization, 1 open installment loan 281 monthly. Wife's scores all over 740 no derogs and 1 revolving with 1% utilization. Several paid accounts that were in good standing. Combined gross income $53,000. Loan amount $167,000.  We are in Tennessee. My last late payment was May 2013 30 days. Both have been at current employer for over seven years.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Here We Go

Good luck!
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!!

Message 3 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck on getting your new home Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 34
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Good luck!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

CU called today. She said they were sending my packet today looks like there won't be any major issues. Said right now the rate looks like 4.125 on a conventional. Is this a decent rate considering scores and situation above.
Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

LO said that I could go ahead and lock rate for sixty days. Any suggestions
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will my score dip immediately from the inquiries that are alerting from the hard pull for application
Message 8 of 34
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

mortgage pulls count a 1 inquiry as long as they are done in a certain time frame.  i believe it's within 2 weeks for EX, 30 days for EQ and TU.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought. I just wonder when and how much my scores will lower from an inquiry. Anyone have any comments on the rate they offered I would love to hear them. First time buyer just curious.
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.