Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's my situation..

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: Here's my situation..

Would if I have been carrying cash for the down payment in my house? I have been saving it and putting it in a hiding place.. I have to keep it out of my accounts.. Or would if a friend is giving me some money?
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 11 of 13
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:
Would if I have been carrying cash for the down payment in my house? I have been saving it and putting it in a hiding place.. I have to keep it out of my accounts.. Or would if a friend is giving me some money?

My wife lost her job after we went under contract but since she wasn't on the loan it wasn't a problem but I had a few grand cash saved and put it in the bank to pay bills....BIG mistake...the were unverified funds and we almost didn't close since those funds couldn't be used. The need to be seasoned (usually 60 days). I would ask your LO for specifics. If a friend is gifting you money the have to submit bank statements and cancelled checks and a gift letter.

Message 12 of 13
ready13
New Contributor

Congrats on your newly awuired cred... But you gotta slow down bevause there's no way to pick up the slack in any area to give you enough room to do anything without having the ability to prove or back your own credit history unless its by example now in the present and that's why it's very particular that you have got a house and wasn't able to raise your score since it had to be above the 6--/ ish number you quoted before it was lowered so you were in the mid- range ideal to apply for a mortgage and now you cannot get a baby car loan. Why would you take the car back to keep the account you gotta get another card opened and if can be secured pre-paid basically but reporting to bureaus then do it and keep raising your credit line to balance the usage out slowly though not in huge big chances with no routine or predictability in the patterns you display or your never going to raise anything even with a higher score and if you pay on time --/ all you will do is red flag yourself out because it seems you got a lot going and manage to juggle them somehow but they do not want to know this they want to see clear and simple ways of your displays on paying at a good pace consistently and can balance all the cards you have without making huge big purchases In one small time span. You have to consistently monitor your cards and the revolving credit you have on them and monitor the time you stop using each but cannot allow them to go too long without using and must total the averages to know about how much util % you will have as you go along the amounts of payments you plan to give and then you will know exactly where you will be at what point in time and how Much it will be approximately in $$$ to pay the card down and depending on how you work your finances it's best to pick to not their funds from one to the other because they lower points for that .
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.