Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Construction Delayed- Locked in Rate & Signed Commitment

tag
Chinadoll
Contributor

Home Construction Delayed- Locked in Rate & Signed Commitment

Hi,

My excitement to be moving in by Beginning of April just turned to dissapoitment when the builders called to tell me that My home Will NOT be completed until JUNE...YES JUNE! I am currently under contract, my rate is locked in at 2.875% until May 7th and my Commitment Letter is signed and states I have to close by May 26th. The Company building my home said that they can probably speed up my home above the others and get me moved in quicker. I just pray to God that something good can happen. I am ready to MOVE already. So, I can't do any major shopping, take any vacations or nothing until JUNE.....freaking kidding me. Sucks Major! Smiley Mad Does anyone know if I don't close by May 26th will I have to have my application re-submitted for approval again or can they just extend my rate and application. Please any advice will help. I already text my LO; just waiting for him to call me back.

Starting Score: TU 654 EQ 599
Current Score: TU 682 EQ 661 EX 688
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Home Construction Delayed- Locked in Rate & Signed Commitment

@Chinadoll wrote:

Hi,

My excitement to be moving in by Beginning of April just turned to dissapoitment when the builders called to tell me that My home Will NOT be completed until JUNE...YES JUNE! I am currently under contract, my rate is locked in at 2.875% until May 7th and my Commitment Letter is signed and states I have to close by May 26th. The Company building my home said that they can probably speed up my home above the others and get me moved in quicker. I just pray to God that something good can happen. I am ready to MOVE already. So, I can't do any major shopping, take any vacations or nothing until JUNE.....freaking kidding me. Sucks Major! Smiley Mad Does anyone know if I don't close by May 26th will I have to have my application re-submitted for approval again or can they just extend my rate and application. Please any advice will help. I already text my LO; just waiting for him to call me back.

You can get an extension. Still plenty of time according to the dates you submitted.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
Chinadoll
Contributor

Thanks JM-AM. I talked to my LO yesterday and he explained the extension to me. He's a Great LO and told me this happens with new construction. So; I'm pleased and will just wait. Thank God!

Message 3 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Enjoy that new home! 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 5
Chinadoll
Contributor

Thank You...I will Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.