Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Warranty Companies

tag
IncrsCreditScore
Established Contributor

Home Warranty Companies

My granddaughters recently purchased a home and are seriously thinking of purchasing a home warranty contract.  So far, we've not been able to find one that has good reviews.  Do any of you know of a good home warranty company? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
IncrsCreditScore
Established Contributor

Re: Home Warranty Companies

From no responses, but quite a number of views, it seems that none of you have any good news about these companies.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot people that I have asked told me it is a waste of your money, because they have A LOT of exclusions.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have American Home Shield for my home. It covers essential systems such as HVAC, heater, water heater and appliances. The problem is the contractors they use to repair things. They’re a hodgepodge of local businesses and are generally slow to respond and don’t always fix the problem right away. As a matter of fact, I’m on my 3rd call for service for my AC and they just can’t seem to get it fixed right. For the premium I pay (about $500 annually) and the $125 I pay for each call for service, I think I’ll be closing my account and just putting that money into savings for repairs in the future.
Message 4 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

We had one through Old Republic.  We had the water heater repaired twice.  Then we were on vacation acroos the country.  The water heater spilled its guts in the garage.  Luckily my brother was watching the house.  Even though Old Republic had it repaired twice previously they denied the replacement and said it was another issue.  I called and cancelled the "warranty" as it was worthless.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.