cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home equity recs/ mortgage insight

tag
ssmd611

Home equity recs/ mortgage insight

Looking for a recommendation for a tough situation. I have a chapter 13 discharged successfully 2 years ago. Recently tried to do a Navy fed Home equity product and declined due to credit scores- i think - waiting for specifics . My spouses record shows delinquencies from my BK so trying to fix that may be part of the solution.

Anyone have recommendations on a bank / CU that looks beyond score ? We have both gotten increases in pay  215k gross and have good equity in our home owe 318k on 475k home . Loking for 40-50k to consolodate some older debt at high rate and get a new hvac. 

We also have a FHA loan - anyone suecssully do a fha cash out ? I have read the closing costs and fees are rough on those  but maybe a path to explore?

Appreciate your inisght and advice. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Home equity recs/ mortgage insight

All of the 2nd mortgages I'm aware of will need at least 4 years from the Ch 13 BK discharge.  You can do an FHA cash out refinance to 80% of your home's value, but if have great terms on your current FHA loan then you really need to pencil out if it's worth it to pay off the consumer debt with your equity.  

I assume your wife didn't have the BK?  If not, then is your wife able to qualify for the 2nd mortgage on her own?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.